IS MY NANNY GETTING READY TO KID SOON DO U KNOW

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by carmen escamilla, Aug 2, 2010.

1. carmen escamilla

carmen escamilla New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    texas
    OK NEW QUESTION PLEASE I READ ON HERE ON A ANOTHER POST THAT WHEN A DOE IS GETTING TO DELIVER A KID AND THE BUCK IS WITH HER HE CAN MAKE THE MISTAKE THAT SHE IS GOING INTO HEAT..I HAVE A NANNY FIRST TIMER AND THEIR IS DAYS THAT I THINK SHE IS CRAZY FIRST SHE CAN STAND NEXT TO THE BUCK AND WHEN HE PAYS ATTENTION TO HER SHE STARTES SCREAMING LIKE HE IS KILLER HER AND I CAN SWARE SHE IS PREG HER TAIL HAS DROP AND SHE HAS HER BACK BODY READY TO DELIVER SHE HAS NO BAGS OR NO YUG STUFF COMING OUT YET BUT HER MOM AND HER TWIN SISTER DID NOT HAVE IT NEITHER WHEN THEY DELIVER SO I JUST ASSUME SHE WONT NEITHER SO I PLAY THE WAIT GAME WITH HER...SO MY QUESTION IS IF THE BUCK IS DOING THIS HOW LONG DO U THINK SHE WILL DELIVER IS IT A SMELL BE 4 THEY DELIVER THAT IS TELLING HIM THAT IS COMEING SOON AND IS THEIR ANY ONE KNOWS HOW SOON CAN IT BE..

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    You need to remove that buck so he doesnt injure her or the kids if she is indeed pregnant.

You say she has no udder at all? because thats not normal for a goat who is about to kid. They usually have some kind of udder even if it is small

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with Stacey..... remove the buck.... he can hurt her.. if she is indeed... preggo....

Do you know how to feel her ligs?

How does she look in the private area....does she look really puffy and loose?

Does seem odd... that she has no udder development at all... have you reached down there and felt to see... if you can feel a little udder starting... that you can feel and not see? If it is just starting... it could be 1 to 1 1/2 months to go... with a FF( first freshener)... :wink:

4. glenolam

glenolam New Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Canterbury, CT
    Can you post pictures of her, especially one of her udder and backside?

Is the buck in with all your does? If so, you're asking for trouble as you will have no idea who will kid when and risk the chance of the goats kidding when you're not around to help. Also, if you keep the kids with the buck he can and will breed the doelings as soon as they get in their first heat cycle. It'd be best to separate that buck from all your does ASAP and get him a wether companion.