Is she bred?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by enjoytheride, Oct 31, 2007.

1. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I took Tim to a buck on 10/5- she stayed till 10/27. She was bred early in the time there as evidenced by a serious case of stinky buck butt. She did not show any interest when I picked her up.
    Today I noticed a small slightly cloudy discharge- a very small amount.
    Do you think this means she is not preggo? The pooch test indicates she's not but I don't read it that well.
    The reason that this makes me anxious is that the buck I took her to is sold and will be leaving for his new home soon.

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Pooch test is usually accurate a minimum of 2 months out :wink:
    My girls have been getting discharges after they've been bred, they didn't last year. We are treating them homeopathicly incase they are uterine infections. The first heat could have been a false heat. I have a couple does that I bred them, then they went out of heat. 5 days later they came back into a stronger heat then settled.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    If you could get a picture of the Butt, that will help. I do not need the 2 months for the pooch test. I missed my doe being bred, and one day I looked at her butt (cute as it is lol), and I could tell she was bred, and she was only in with the buck for 3 weeks. Now she is getting fat as ever, and looking bigger then last year when she gave me beautiful twins. I just hope this year she is able to give me bigger babies, then last year. They were really small.

4. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Lori, If I get some photos of my 3 does would you take a look and see if you think they are bred?

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Sure Amy. Now I am NOT a vet, so please don't be mad if I am not right. So far in three years, I have been wrong twice, and they were both this year. :veryangry: :veryangry:

6. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Lol it doesn't matter if you are wrong or right. These does are so confusing. I am 99.9% sure the one doe is bred. But I'll get those pictures today. I'm going outside soon and will get them then.

Thanks

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Lori you crack me up! No one holds it against you.

I just appreciate the help you have given me in the past with my girls.

Note to people with unbred goats, take pictures now so you have something to compared to later after she was with the buck. I find it helpful at least for myself.

8. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Butt pictures tomorrow!

9. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    We should have a big thread in the Photogenic section called "Pooch Test" and we could post pictures and have some see if they are pregnant or not.

10. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
  11. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
  12. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Bump- Kind of embarassing :oops: to ask people to look at my goats rear end but here she is.

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Enjoytheride.. I really can not tell from that picture. How far along do you think she is?

14. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    About three weeks- I'm really anxious because the buck is leaving and I stupidly gave away her doeling with the same breeding from last year. She was really nice and I want to see if it can be repeated.
    Ny other doe Dottie looked settled pooch-test-wise almost immediately.

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you aren't sure then stick her back in with the buck right now. If she is going to be going back into heat then now would be the right timing so get her to the buck ASAP to see that you get her settled by him.