Is she ever going to kid?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by cgjsmith, Feb 15, 2008.

1. cgjsmith

cgjsmith New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Hi all I've been learking for a while, gleaning from ya'lls infanate wisdom :lol: I'm coming up on my year anniversery having goats in a month or so and didn't know anything about breeding until My fiend said. Did you know your goats are pregnant :roll: So we kidding one doe sucessfully (well ok she did it and suprised us) and have this other that should have been duethis past week best we can figure. But no baby, Shes huge, has a huge sack and is bulgin in the back end for going on twoo weeks now. I'm starting to get worried that something is wrong. Here are pictures. Thanks in advance for advice. Crystal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]

2. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    Can you feel the babies moving? If so, it's probably just a waiting game she'll drive you nuts with.

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    She looks like she's getting really close, probably just not ready yet. Good luck!

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'd say she's getting close, maybe another week. Good luck! :)

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she just isn't ready yet - but she will be soon by the looks of that udder

6. cgjsmith

cgjsmith New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Ok ya'll its been almost another week. And now she has got really runny poopy. I didn't know if its pregnancy related worms or because shes in the pen instead of out and about. she waddles when she walks she is so big. And she bearly wants to walk. I'm thinking I need to take her to the vet (or have him come out here) I don't want to lose her or the baby(ies) Crystal.

7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    BTW Welcome, I'm new also, just love this spot and the people are very helpful. I'm sure the more experienced breeders will counsel patience. But, I'm like you, new to this, and I always follow my instincts. If my "little voice" says "call the vet" then I call the vet. But, that said, I'm afraid I treat my goats more like pets then livestock. As soon as you put her in the vehicle to go to the vet, she'll kid in your backseat! LOL

Di

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    check her eye lids, are they pale or are they bright pink?

If they are pale then she is in need of a worming. The stress of pregnancy can cause them to be come susseptible to worms. You can ask you vet what wormers work in your area. I use ivermectin since it seems to still be working here.

9. cgjsmith

cgjsmith New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    I talked to the dr and he said to worm her and get her temp. If shes not had the baby by friday I'm suppose to call him and talk about induction. Crystal

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    good - you have a plan of action, thats always nice

11. cgjsmith

cgjsmith New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Belive it or not she kidded thursday night. Two handsome little bucklings. Shes nursing great and the babies are full of fire LOL. Thanks to all. Crystal
    [​IMG]

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations! That little carmel is a doll!! The belted one looks to be a dark agouti..both handsome boys! See you are now an "experienced kidder" lol

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They are cute!! Congrats! :cool:

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I knew she would go on her good ol' time :D Congratulations, such handsome little boys :cool: