The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've bred all of my goats this year but none of them seem to be looking pregnant but I was wondering if this one is getting udders? She's a first-time if she got pregnant and should be about 70 days. I just can't tell if she's getting utters or if she just has large nipples lol.
20190711_162940.jpeg
20190711_161609-1.jpeg
20190711_162917_HDR-1.jpeg

·
Registered
528 Posts
I wouldn't really know. The first picture it certainly looks pouched a little but otherwise I would say no. And contrary to what the previous post said I have a 56 day first time doe that does have noticable utter development. Not huge by any means but very noticeable and much more ten your doe. However, unfortunately she may be miscarrying and I don't know if that might have anything to do with it in her case.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't really know. The first picture it certainly looks pouched a little but otherwise I would say no. And contrary to what the previous post said I have a 56 day first time doe that does have noticable utter development. Not huge by any means but very noticeable and much more ten your doe. However, unfortunately she may be miscarrying and I don't know if that might have anything to do with it in her case.
Oh no sorry if she miscarried.. It jiggles when she walks or if touch it. But I didnt check before if it was always jiggly lol

·
Registered
528 Posts
Oh no sorry if she miscarried.. It jiggles when she walks or if touch it. But I didnt check before if it was always jiggly lol
Ah, it's ok I guess. I'm sad of course but mostly because she is the only one we bred this year.

I've hear it both ways that first times will start to grow rapidly once pregnant and that they might not even develop noticeably until only days sometimes hours before kidding. I don't know which is true. I do know that my bred does teats where almost no existant until about 3 week's after being bred. That compared to her herd mate we bought who is a year younger and has always had noticable teats.

Cross my fingers for you though hopefully you'll have some kids in a few short months

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, it's ok I guess. I'm sad of course but mostly because she is the only one we bred this year.

I've hear it both ways that first times will start to grow rapidly once pregnant and that they might not even develop noticeably until only days sometimes hours before kidding. I don't know which is true. I do know that my bred does teats where almost no existant until about 3 week's after being bred. That compared to her herd mate we bought who is a year younger and has always had noticable teats.

Cross my fingers for you though hopefully you'll have some kids in a few short months
Yeah, shes my last hope for a baby this year. My other three are most likely not prego. I want to wait and see until September tho. If not then I will send them up with the buck for a couple of months and maybe have kids in the spring next year :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
First timers are so hard, my opinion I don’t think they’re growing yet, but when I went through it I think I just looked so much that I convinced myself they were getting bigger then like 3 weeks before they were due it was a no brainer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts