The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 529 Posts

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we have some blood. Good or bad????? Shes been acting wierd for the past three days.

Attachments

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
No that looks more like a plug. from the picture her Udder needs to fill a bit more.

She is getting close for sure.

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shes also posting her legs out. (?) like putting them back just a bit farther than normal

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And drinking ALOT of water.... Barely ate her feed

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Is she filling really big and tight? It does not look like it in the picture, but that could be me.

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When i brushed a hand against her belly shw did feel tight maybe having contractions? She is having a fit now that im not out there with her... Put fudge in there with her but domino was butting her. So i had to take her out.

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uptop its squishy but the bottem half if her belly, behind the ribs its tight and pretty firm

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heres how she is standing

Attachments

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Her ligs are gone. Have been nothing but mush for the past four days and sorry idk why it wont post my photos the way theyre taken.... Right side up!! Lol everytike i even attempt to touch her udder she put her head down or swings them horns at me so i slap her nose and i finally stopped trying

15,575 Posts
Hmmm... her udder doesn't look ready to me, but you just never know with some does. Typically they get very full/tight and shiny.
Our does will usually want to be off by themselves, they may talk to their babies, stare at the walls/ceiling, Paw at the ground/bedding, some are so into it you'd think they were digging a hole to china lol
Some will be up and down, up and down. May even become very clingy.
We had a doe that would throw a major fit if I wasn't right there with her. We even had another doe and baby in the stall next to her, but nope, she wanted me.
Also...stretching. Most does going into labor will give some good stretches now and then trying to get babies in position. Sometimes, that process can seem to take forever.

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
She is craning her neck backwards over her shoulders then come forward again. And shes yawning like crazy and she has been up and down. Pawing just a bit before she lays down. Ive been up all week caring for a sick horse.... Whats another day and night? :crazy:

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is she filling really big and tight? It does not look like it in the picture, but that could be me.
Sorry, no but it feels like its got a good amount in there. Full. Thats the only way i can describe it. She still has more of that pink red discharge.those babies in there are active tonight. I can even see bulges pupping out on her rumen side. Shes calm when im out there and she paws and lays down.... Then when i get up she is like where are you going? I had to give in to the urge for a hot shower so i bet when i go back out there in a bit to check her again she is wigging out.

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well my husband works night shift so he doesnt get home til eleven and we usually dont go to bed til 1-230.... So i may stay inside unless we have drastic changes. And if so ill camp out in the stall with her

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sure enough shes pacing waiting for me. So i guess im going to eat dinner early and sti outside with her

· Super Moderator
17,005 Posts
Her bag really does not look ready but I do have one that will blow up right after she kids. Do you have a due date on her??? Either way by the way your describing things kids are on the way. When did she start to loose her plug??? Hope you get some sleep :(

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Today was when she started losing it. Yesterday and lastnight she was acting wierd and seperating herself the last week to the rear part of the barn but no plug or other discharge. Todays the first type of discharge shes had. And me too. I would feel better to sit outside with her incase something does happen. Im hoping she goes tonight but tomorrow would be better lol thanks!

· Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh! Also she is a ff, this is her first pregnancy

1 - 20 of 529 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.