Is she in labor I got pictures?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by faintfarm, Mar 29, 2010.

1. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    she is walkin around and she stops and does what looks to me like pushing here are a few pictures of her backside sideways and stopping to do what seems to look like pushing and she is spaced out

i can feel kidd but she has stopped dialating
    she has only dialated to about a half dollar size
    she has been acting like she is in labor for 2 weeks & loosing white stuff about a week and her teets are leaking.what ever it is its driving my billy nuts

first time she was prego i didn't know until she fell off a toy and hit her belly and broke her water and almost lost the baby. so thats why i worried she had been acting like she is having contraction but there is no progress is there anything i can give her or do to help her?

Attached Files:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wash your hands and go in to see if she is open ..and if there is a kid there..

if there is...she is just starting to kid or having difficulties...and needs help... :hug:

SHe looks ready in the pics

3. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    SHe looks like she's doing something!

4. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    anythin going on? Is she trying to lay down or is there any discharge yet? Is she talking?

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Looks like she is in labor by the look of the tail head, the udder, and the swelling of the vulva

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She definately looks very close! If she goes down and starts to consistently push with no results in 20 minutes, I would go in with 2 fingers to see if there is a kid stuck....she's likely just getting started though, don't let her go beyond an hour of hard labor, she'll tire and won't be able to help you IF you need to reposition and pull.

7. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    going back out to see if there is any change wish me luck :hair:

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    good luck!! shes definetly in labor

9. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
  10. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    what if her water breaks how long should i let her push?

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Once the "first bubble" breaks, the kid bubble is normally directly behind it, usually takes just 10 to 20 minutes of deep pushing/contractions to get the kids head thru, sometimes it is just minutes and sometimes the water doesn;t break before the baby bubble appears. I wouldn't let a doe push longer than 20-30 minutes without a kid appearing before I would go in to see if the kid is positioned wrong.

12. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    still nothing has changed should i help dialate her or not?

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I would. It will take 15-20 minutes usually...just gently pry it open, this should stimulate contractions too... good luck!

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Did you go in with 2 fingers to check on her? :hug:

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
  16. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    i am beat still no babies i have to go to work now i'll come home in a few hour to check on her and let you guys know how she is going to get a vet to come check her out when i get off work :)

17. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    well still no babies but she isn't dialating vet said she doesn't look like she is any pain or anything and there may be 2 babies :kidblack: :kidblack: she showed me how to help her dialate and she said if that don't work i could call her and she would come down and help
    she is eating and drinking walking around using the bathroom then she lays down and gets up and starts over oh and she is talking to the baby

so i got webcam tryin to hook it up now so i don't have all that running to do

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Glad you took her to the vet.... I feel sorry for you ....she is sure putting you through torture.... :hug:

19. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    :shrug: her labor has stopped :sigh: i called the vet and he said to just keep and eye on her .
    i listen to the babies heart beat everyday about 10 times a day:)

20. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    maybe she had a false labor, my ff (who is driving me nuts now) has had two in the past month.