The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Molly was exposed to a buck on/about July 23, and she is now twice the width of a "normal" goat. She has milk and is starting to pooch some. My question is, why can't I feel kid(s) moving on her right side? She won't tolerate prolonged poking and prodding, but I have kept a hand in place for up to a couple of minutes and have not felt any movement.

Any ideas?

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back in March shortly before Polly delivered, I did feel several kicks on her right side. Molly feels tight as a drum and no movement.

I'm assuming that the beginning of pooch means there's something headed for the birth canal and applying internal pressure.

·
Administrator
85,753 Posts
Sometimes you can feel them and other times you can't, it is like being at the right place, at the right time.

If she is getting bigger, her vulva is getting stretched and sloppy, has a discharge and she has a udder in milk, she is most likely preggo. She should be due this month.

·
Super Moderator
32,290 Posts
Took me about 6 years with goats before I felt my first "in mama baby"...I think my biggest year, feeling them alot was when they are all carring triplets..gets crowded in there I guess..lol..

·
Certified Codger
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, so I guess I just got lucky feeling Polly's kid kick back in March. Molly should bingo in a couple of weeks. Already got names picked out for Christmas kids... Holly for a girl, Jolly for a boy. (We already have Polly, Molly and Wally.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts