The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got this little nigerian dwaf from a farm that had full sized billy goats. From what the lady told me she might have gotten out and went and played some with the billy's. I really hope not, but she is plumper than my other two does, she is even bigger than my pregnant doe was right before she kidded. The lady told me she had gotten in with the billies once before with her daughter and they both got pregnant. The daughter and her both miscarried and the daughter didn't make it :( Is there anything I can do if she is?

Attachments

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
Is she starting an udder? What do her lady parts look like?

·
Super Moderator
59,313 Posts
It depends on how far along in the pregnancy if you csn do something about it.

You can send a blood sample in to BioTracking for a pregnancy test.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got the blood drawn today to send into BioTracking. She has a udder, but I thought that might just be because she has had kids a couple times before. Her lady parts are small, and she keeps them covered when I go over to look. But I can get a picture to post on here in the next couple days.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
You can give her a shot of lute to abort the pregnancy, or if you think she may be close to full term I would get a hold of your vet and let them know the situation so he/she is prepared in case you need help or need to bring her in for a c-section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts