Is she pregnant?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by texag1984, Feb 14, 2010.

1. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Thanks for any help on this, This is little Bella and she was born here 3 years ago and this will be her first pregnancy if she is pregnant. I am fairly certain she was bred on October 12th which means shes due March 8th thru 15th. I think i can feel kid or kids moving kicking but not positive. can anyone tell from the pics?

Thanks

Reggie

2. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    Where are the pics? :whatgoat: :)

3. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Sorry here are pics, I though i had uploaded them bu the were too large here they are

Attached Files:

4. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    Well I'm not good at this but if she is due in March there should be some udder development going on, can't tell in these pictures if there is or not? :shrug:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yes, in my opinion. you can tell the vuvla is large and she looks like a single kid. hows her udder coming in so far?

6. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    I should have checked the udder when she as first bred but it feels like its spongy and the nipples look bigger than they did. her mother tho didnt get very big till last day or so. I will try to get pic. Thanks

7. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    here is pic of her udder best i can get

8. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    forgot to resize pics for web

here they are

Attached Files:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Left side is her rumen...did you feel from the right side....?

It is hard to see the udder...because of the hair....but I think I am seeing one beginning.... can you feel a little pouch starting....with her due date ...she is right on schedule for udder development...at 1 month before kidding it starts... it is a good idea to give CD&T vaccine.... at the one month prior to kidding stage... :wink:

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi :wave: .....and yep, she's preggy! Congrats on seeing one of "your" babies become a mom!

I can see that there is some udder developement by the way the teats are filling out at the top....and if you have put your hand in front of her udder against her belly and pushed in gently on the right side and felt kid movement...like Toth said, the rumen is on the left so theres no mistaking a moving kid from a moving gut.

11. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Thanks, I think i can feel a little pouch in her udder and i have held my hand under her belly in front of the udder and on the right side and i am pretty sure i can feel a kick every once in a while on belly and on the right side.

12. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    I gave all of them their shots back on 06/07/09 She wieghed 66lbs when I think she was bred then at christmas she weighed 75 lbs. Is it time for another shot now? i thought it was only every year and what about worming? I havent done that in about a year

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If the CD/T is given to the doe 4 weeks before kidding she'll pass the immunity to her kids through the colostrum/milk so they are protected until they recieve their shots...I give my kids their initial shot at 6 weeks and again 3 weeks later.
    As far as worming goes, I dose according to fecals, if theres no parasite problem I don't worm.

14. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    how many cc's for a 75 lb mom? of the C,D &T?

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    ALL goats regardless of age or size get 2cc of the CD/T.

16. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Ok here are some more pics, what do you think? day 150 will be this thursday the 11th

Thanks

Reggie

17. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    forgot to resize pics sorry here they are

Attached Files:

18. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Her udder is definately growing!! I think you'll be seeing that baby soon, maybe like on 152 :wink:

19. texag1984

texag1984 New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Thanks for the help and advice today was day 150 from when I thought she was bred and she had twin girls this afternoon. Thanks again!

20. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    Congratulations! :leap: :kidred: :kidred: :leap: Is she a good mama? Did you get to be there for the birth? I love the last photo where she's looking back at you! And, you have an awesome hen house!