The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of Daisie..... Is she bred or not? What do you think...? I just wanna get some opinions... If she doesn't have any by the end of the month... We will do a blood test.... I really, really hope she is..... She isn't in milk, and she's had that bag since I've had them, but the right side swelled up a bit about a week ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Haha im questioning if my daisy is pregnant too. My Internet is being dumb and is taking forever to bring the pics up but when they show up ill make a guess on your daisie. :)

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
You dont need to send pictures. Just feel for the separating between the tail/spin and the hips. If you dont feel a separation then she either isnt or isnt anywhere near close. Goats can hide singles and not udder up and the vulva doesnt always swell but they always separate at the hips.

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
This is how to check for softening ligs check out attached link.

If she isn't close, it will have no give on each side of the tailhead. If she is getting closer, there will be give there and you may practically get you fingers around it if she is closer.

http://www.thegoatspot.net/forum/f197/how-find-ligaments-112934/

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you sit with her, can you feel anything moving in the right side?
I would think if she's that close you should be able to feel movement by now.
Yes I feel movement... So did my friend that bumped for kids... but she also thought she should if has them by now...

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ligs are not soft, Peppermints the one who gave birth yesterday, hers didn't start getting soft until a week before... She's been showing that belly since March though, and my friend did bump for kids, and we both felt something move, but she was in with the buck until the end of March so I'm hoping.... We will be taking a blood test to see around the 1st week of September if she hasn't had them yet... I don't think she has gone back into heat, but I never really knew with her anyway..... My other 2 were in heat yesterday and I had my bucks down there... Daisie wanted nothing to do with them at all... Um, what else could the moving be if it isn't kids??? Any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts