The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swore I was not going to worry excessively over kidding again this year but here I go.
Tim went to visit the buck on 10/5- she stayed for 3 weeks just long enough to make sure she did not come back into heat. the buck owner said she noticed Tim had bucky butt soon after she got there.
I assumed that she was bred at that time- her earliest due date was 3/5/o8. On 3/8 I saw her have a contraction- her back arched and her tail went tight against her back. I got my kidding kit and sat with her for two hours while she ground her teeth periodically- thereafter I checked her every two hours while absolutely nothing more happened.
The next day and today no sign of kids coming. No restlessness- she's eating fine, etc.

Her ligament have been gone for two weeks.

Anything to worry about this false alarm?

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
How is her udder?

Daisie that kidded on Thursday, she did something similiar. I could see her contracting the night before and sat with her for a couple hours and then checked on her all night. Then I got up in the morning and it all had stopped. When I got home at 9:45 pm Thursdat night - she has JUST had them.

I would keep an eye on her - she is testing you!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her udder is pretty large- for a Boer of course. But it has been going up and down a little for several days.
I thought maybe last night but it has been over 48 hours with no new action- she does look reasonably happy - at least as happy as anything that preggo can.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well- after beautiful weather for the last four days or so, it is now raining- by the doe's code of honor, this should be the night, right? But only after 5 or 6 trips through the rain to check.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has now been three nights that I haven't slept more than a couple of hours each night- since her contraction (one) and the teeth grinding that night two days ago, I worry too much to leave her go without checking. She is back to singing and eating- she is clearly uncomfortable but she is sooooo pregnant. Everyone in a great while there is a short teeth grind (maybe once or twice in a day) but she really does not appear to be in any distress.
I'm not sure I have a fourth night in me- not to mention I have no idea of her exact due date so this could go on for awhile.
Out I go for another check- she's probably as upset with my going out as I am- I keep waking her up.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Izzy did the exact same thing to me. I spent 10 days getting up every two hours to check on her. In addition, if something sounded funny through the baby monitor, I'd go down. I had my "barn clothes" set up like a firefighter...right there ready to just jump into! LOL When she actually kidded it was during the day (thank you Lord).

But, during this time I kept telling myself "Do not grow complacent...do not just say it's nothing, I'll check them later" I didn't want to have to be sorry later.

Hang in there! Hope you drink :coffee: Can't wait to hear when she kids for you!

Di

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Di- you're a better goat mom than I am. I gave it mostly up last night- I checked at 11pm the didn't go back out til 7:30 this morning. I feel soooooo much better- a lot less whiney and grumpy- not to mention my brain is working better-
AND NO BABIES!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts