Is there a problem with this?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by enjoytheride, Mar 10, 2008.

1. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I swore I was not going to worry excessively over kidding again this year but here I go.
    Tim went to visit the buck on 10/5- she stayed for 3 weeks just long enough to make sure she did not come back into heat. the buck owner said she noticed Tim had bucky butt soon after she got there.
    I assumed that she was bred at that time- her earliest due date was 3/5/o8. On 3/8 I saw her have a contraction- her back arched and her tail went tight against her back. I got my kidding kit and sat with her for two hours while she ground her teeth periodically- thereafter I checked her every two hours while absolutely nothing more happened.
    The next day and today no sign of kids coming. No restlessness- she's eating fine, etc.

Her ligament have been gone for two weeks.

Anything to worry about this false alarm?

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    How is her udder?

Daisie that kidded on Thursday, she did something similiar. I could see her contracting the night before and sat with her for a couple hours and then checked on her all night. Then I got up in the morning and it all had stopped. When I got home at 9:45 pm Thursdat night - she has JUST had them.

I would keep an eye on her - she is testing you!

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Her udder is pretty large- for a Boer of course. But it has been going up and down a little for several days.
    I thought maybe last night but it has been over 48 hours with no new action- she does look reasonably happy - at least as happy as anything that preggo can.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Is it real firm like it is going to pop??

Are the babies moving around at all that you can feel??

My girl went from early labor to eating and acting normal to a healthy little buckling. Sorry that I am not any more help!

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'd just keep an eye on her, Val went to 154 last year and did the same thing. Grinding teeth worries me though.

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    since she seems like she is okay she could have had practice labor....my boer doe did that to me in January

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Well- after beautiful weather for the last four days or so, it is now raining- by the doe's code of honor, this should be the night, right? But only after 5 or 6 trips through the rain to check.

8. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    It has now been three nights that I haven't slept more than a couple of hours each night- since her contraction (one) and the teeth grinding that night two days ago, I worry too much to leave her go without checking. She is back to singing and eating- she is clearly uncomfortable but she is sooooo pregnant. Everyone in a great while there is a short teeth grind (maybe once or twice in a day) but she really does not appear to be in any distress.
    I'm not sure I have a fourth night in me- not to mention I have no idea of her exact due date so this could go on for awhile.
    Out I go for another check- she's probably as upset with my going out as I am- I keep waking her up.

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Izzy did the exact same thing to me. I spent 10 days getting up every two hours to check on her. In addition, if something sounded funny through the baby monitor, I'd go down. I had my "barn clothes" set up like a firefighter...right there ready to just jump into! LOL When she actually kidded it was during the day (thank you Lord).

But, during this time I kept telling myself "Do not grow complacent...do not just say it's nothing, I'll check them later" I didn't want to have to be sorry later.

Hang in there! Hope you drink :coffee: Can't wait to hear when she kids for you!

Di

10. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Di- you're a better goat mom than I am. I gave it mostly up last night- I checked at 11pm the didn't go back out til 7:30 this morning. I feel soooooo much better- a lot less whiney and grumpy- not to mention my brain is working better-
    AND NO BABIES!

11. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Those nightly checks can be tough! I sure hope she goes soon. Glad you got some rest last night though.