The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goat Feed Recipe

I use a Folgers coffee can for a measure, or a 5 qt ice cream bucket will work also!

2 cans of Whole Oats

2 cans of 36% protein Milking Goat Supplement ( substitute Meat Goat Supplement in for Bucks and Wethers)

6 cans of Cracked Corn

2 lbs of Extruded Soy Bean Meal

2 lbs of Black Sunflower Seeds( found in the bird seed section)

2 cans of a complete Sweet Goat Feed.

( I have also added beat pulp on occasion, about 1/2 coffee can full. Never feed it plain, it is really dry and goats can choke on it)
This feed recipe was sent to is by someone we bought a nigerian doe from. It seems healthy! But upon looking up information we found it's not suggested to mix your own feed because you don't know if it's nutritionally balanced.

Is there any way to tell if his is nutritionally balanced? I feed my older does half a cup daily and my doelings a fourth a cup daily.

The bucks are currently fed purina goat chow half a cup daily and the bucklings a fourth a cup daily. We will be increasing feed because of breeding and less hay.

We have a heard of Nigerians and San clementes both are small breeds. How much should I be feeding them? They all appear to be thriving on he amount I'm feeding now.

Sorry for the long thread! Thanks to all and any who reply!

·
Super Moderator
58,901 Posts
Not sure on your mixture but there are a couple threads that have some feef mixes. Just do a search for them.

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
I wouldn't use it, mainly because I mix my on feed to get rid of excess corn, soy, and garbage grains. I prefer healthy whole grains, alfalfa hay or pellets, some grass hay, and excellent free choice minerals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts