The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the opportunity to use this buck again. I would put him with my Senior Does to up the LaMancha percentage I need.

What can you tell me about his pedigree as I am not familiar with LaMancha's yet.

Fairwoods Gunna B Grand *B L1438335
LA2010

Sire: Fairwoods Tumult's Houston AI *B L1254127
LA2008 LA2006, 2004

Dam: SGCH Fairwoods A'Fire Diva 5*M L1221426
AR2004 LA2006 LA2004

770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I will be using him on my senior MM does. My goal is to up their LaMancha percentages, but mainly to improve upon their milk capacity. I had a lot of success last year using a very nice ND buck (http://www.southlandranchtx.com/Teki.html ) with these girls that gave me the improvements and more that I was looking for actually. I am trying to bring in new genetics as our gene pool for the MM's here in TX is not very big. I want to use bucks with the milking pedigree behind them to help with this as well.

I actually used this buck before on an Unregistered LM doe. So I have seen him in person and he is a very nice buck. At the time I did not even know his name, LOL, as he was on loan from a friend of a friend.

770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I would be putting him on a few MM does and he is a big boy. But the does I have chosen for him are senior does that are big bodied and have more height to them. I would not put him on small or FF does at all, the does chosen are ones that I feel would not have a problem with his size. I think I might have a picture of him somewhere from when he was here before, I will go look and post it if I do.

I really think he would bring a lot to the girls that I have carefully picked for him, especially now that I know what his pedigree is and everyone's opinion's on him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.