Is this a Heat?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Idahodreamer, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

She's not showing any attitude change signs, no talking, no flagging--nothing except for this.
    What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you posted this already and we said yes she is in heat -- just wait it out.

3. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

What I thought you said on the last one was that she didn't look like she was in heat.
    Sorry.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I have all sorts of different behaviors in my does when they go in heat. Typically virgin does tend not to show the same signs as a doe who's bred and kidded before.

Young does may not flag or cry out like a proven doe. So I watch. If you don't have a buck try using a buck rag that you could try to get at a neighboring farm. Sometimes you can also put a little pressure on their hips and they may start flagging then. Doesn't work with bottle babies though. lol They always wag. lol

Generally the discharge is harder to tell with. A few days after their heat it'll turn white and that'll be more conclusive.

So if she's showing no other signs what-so-ever then I'd mark your calendar now and note the discharge and wait and see if she comes in heat again. If she does this again or something similar in about 18-21 days then she's in heat. If she doesn't or repeats it sooner or later then who knows.