The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I know someone will be able to answer this! Can the copper sulfate in the picture be used to soak a hoof? Is it a 10% solution? Soak for 5 minutes? I have a doe who is limping and upon inspection of her hoof she had pus between the toes. I gave her a shot of LA200 because her pastern was swollen and I put hoof and heal on it so far and the pus was gone the next day and she was putting some weight on the foot but gingerly. I would like to soak her foot for a few minutes. Or is there a better procedure? Thanks everyone for always sharing your knowledge!

Attachments

·
TKC Farms
2,482 Posts
Don’t use until one of the more experienced on this forum chimes in. There are medications out there for this but I’m not sure if root destroyer is one of them. Be safe.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't use until one of the more experienced on this forum chimes in. There are medications out there for this but I'm not sure if root destroyer is one of them. Be safe.
Okay, i'll hold off. She's better since the shot and applying hoof and heal. Luckily the ground here is frozen as well so now is my time to nip it. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts