The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope she is for you too Angie, I really, really do! I didn't notice her coming into heat while she was here (after breeding) BUT it was a harder time of year to tell heats anyways.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, if she isn't, then I'll just let her and Hollywood make me some babies. :) Lots of moonspots! I'm sure! :) Should I wait until September to breed her if she's not? Winters are mild here, but I'm not sure what the norm is.

Angie

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whenever you want to breed her. I personally enjoy March/April babies the most. Because that is when the weather is best for sitting out there with new moms and babies lol.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hmmmmm... no more whitish discharge. A little clear discharge but that's it. Ligs feel the same as everyone else's from what I can tell (I finally figured out what I was looking for!). They are tight strings. And when it comes to finding movement, I didn't feel anything last night or this morning. Sooooooo I dunno.

Chelsey asked me how she was acting, and I hadn't noticed her acting any differently until yesterday evening. She's acting bossy with everyone... actually quite aggressive toward the younger does. She's not mounting anyone or anything though, and she's not tail flagging. Do they ever act more aggressive with pregnancy? She was gobbling her food like crazy and pushing everyone else out of the way a whole lot more than usual. Usually she acts picky over the food, and then she'll wander off and go find something else to nibble, leaving the feed to everyone else. She even rammed the kittens and the chickens a few times, trying to chase them away from the food when they were trying to see what was in her bowl. It's like "LEAVE ME ALONE!" to everyone but me. She wanted me to pet her.

I brought out a buck and let him have a sniff. He was interested, but she tucked her tail and ran to me, bleating. I put them in the barn together for about 10 minutes, but she just cried for me the whole time and ran from him. She would not stand for him at all; she ignored him, and then just cried to me over and over again. So, who knows!! I sure don't!

Angie

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
She was likely in heat and when the buck was brought in she was not in standing heat. How old is she? My youngest is 5 months and has started her heats at 3 months...it wasn't until this time around that she started to get aggressive with the other girls, but then again I have 3 does that come in within days of each other so they all get nasty with one another for a day or so.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for the info, Liz. I actually took her back around the buck again this evening and again, nothing. :sigh: She didn't want anything to do with him, but she was acting interested in one of the younger bucks that she was housed with when she first came here. :wahoo: So, I put him in with her, and she was acting happy as she could be... bouncing all around on the playground and running around in the pasture. :stars: But then when I tried to leave her alone with him, she started screaming and crying again. :? She wouldn't stand for him or anything, even though he got closer to her than the other buck. He was :love: and she was :shocked: and I was :ROFL: and :hair: So, who knows. She's so grumpy with everyone right now that maybe she will come back in in a few days or something?

:GAAH: Angie

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Thats entirely possible, as sometimes they do have a "5 day" heat where they will come in again in 5 days. She really doesn't look bred to me at all and if she is due in the next month you would definately feel kids moving and a big difference in her size...even my accidentally bred young FF had a noticeable drop to her belly and a roundness that only a pregnancy can do...and she had a itty bitty udder to boot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts