Is this doe pregnant?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by bree00, Jan 22, 2010.

1. bree00

bree00 New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    South Carolina
    She look really big and shes not really fat because shes really tight on her stomach. The owner we got her from said she SHOULD have kids ANY DAY in august of 09. we have been waiting a while. but shes huge!! could she have a stone baby like humans?? she doesn't really have udders. I belive shes a Nigierian. :scratch:

Attached Files:

2. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

From the sound of it, she's probably just really fat.

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Pictures of her would help. :) She could be a Pygmy -- Naturally VERY wide! (Or fat, lol)

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well it certainly is far from August ;) :p

I would say that she has loose stomach ligaments causign her to look round like that OR she was bred and is now due to kid fairly soon.

Was there anytime she could have been exposed to a buck?

5. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

she certainly doesn't look just fat . . . lol . . .

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Do you have a "pooch" or udder picture? I personally don't think she's bred. She could just be really wormy.

7. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    How long have you had her now???

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    She's definitely an ND and I think she is pregnant...But pooch pictures would be more helpful! ;)

9. bree00

bree00 New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    South Carolina
    i havent wormed her because i didn't think i should if she was pregnant. Shes really shy so its hard to get goo pictures of her. There is a buck that we keep in there with the other goats. I havent seperate him from them yet, because we were waiting for him to breed with some of the other does. I got the buck with her when i got them, but hes not the one who has soposively gotten her pregnant. Could he have tried to mate wit her when she was? Also these goats didn't have horns, which i really didn't like, because my other two goats do and they sorta bully those two because they don't have horns, and i have seen her hit in the stomach by one of the goats, so maybe she had a miscarrige, but shes still really big!! i just don't know what to do? I've been waiting for ever!! :?

10. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    If her past due date was in August, it's a good possibility that she never settled from the last breeding, but that she is bred now by the buck you've had in with her. Some does have silent heats, so you might not have noticed that she was in heat, but she could have easily been bred by that buck that's in with her. Can you post pooch pics? Does she have any udder development?

Angie

11. bree00

bree00 New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    South Carolina
    Here is a her pooch pic

Attached Files:

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she does look pregnant -- does gestation is 145-150 days so she was obviously bred after you bought her. If she miscarred when "due any day" in August then youw ould have know it, it would have been like a normal kidding except kids would have been dead. This doesnt happen often.

I expect that she is due with in a month or two at the very latest.

Does she have an udder forming?

13. bree00

bree00 New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    South Carolina
    she gave birth yesterday and shes the one with the placenta problem

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  15. bree00

bree00 New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    South Carolina
    so you think milking her should work?

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yep - I would be milking her to make that uterus contract and expel the placenta

17. bree00

bree00 New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    South Carolina
    ok, do i milk her dry or just some??

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Like Ashley said on the other thread - completely for now till you can get that placenta to come out completely. Then if you want to start working on drying her off you can.