The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
dary farm
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don’t put her on a diet. Google how to get a body score on her, you will then see she is not fat at all. Her body looks to be perfect she is just blown out on the sides. If you put her on a diet she will probably still have the lumps but then just be skinny with lumps.
ok thanks ill look into that

·
Registered
dary farm
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don’t put her on a diet. Google how to get a body score on her, you will then see she is not fat at all. Her body looks to be perfect she is just blown out on the sides. If you put her on a diet she will probably still have the lumps but then just be skinny with lumps.
what should i do then

·
8,378 Posts
Take her for walks. Help tone up her muscles. Bloat generally is a balooning above the spine on one or both sides.
She just has a big rumen and looks to be a little out of shape. Good hay, fresh water, a bit of grain (or not) and exercise will help.

·
Administrator
84,628 Posts
Some bloodlines have that, it is normal for some goats who are from the bloodlines.

After having kids, it stretches it each time even more, until the super stretch is at it’s peak for the goat.

You can try to breed it out or sell the goat if you do not like it.

If the goat is acting normalshe is just fine.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nothing you can do, just try not to let it bother you. I have 2 does that are blown out like that after having litters of kids. They are forced to travel and they haven’t changed one bit. What she looks like to me (mind you I’m NOT seeing the goat in person) is that at one point she might have been fairly heavy and has lost weight. That might be why she is like that even though she has never had kids before.
She is a absolutely adorable doe and has such a sweet face, congrats on adding her!

·
Registered
769 Posts
sometimes if animals are offered low quality hay they can get a larger rumen to "digest" it.most of the time at night it will go down since they are sleeping then larger again by the end of the day. she is cute! i only have one doe who looks similar but she is 10. i have moved to a place on a hill and did notice this year she is a bit tigher in the area from all the walking up and down the hill.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts