Is this feed alright?

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by Billythegoat, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Billythegoat

Billythegoat New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Washington
    http://www.naturalfarmfeed.com/images/newgoat.jpg

I was looking around for some goats just to see their cute little pictures then found this add for locally made goat feed. It looks okay for goats but I thought I'd ask people with more experience with feed then me. Thanks for helping.

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    looks OK to me... I like that it doesn't have corn. The added probiotics is good too. The rest is all pretty basic....so would depend on if it's reasonably priced. :)

3. Billythegoat

Billythegoat New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Washington
    It is basically fifteen dollars for a fifty pound bag which is really cheap here. Thanks for helping.

4. Catahoula

Catahoula New Member

The feed seem reasonable but I would add some alfalfa pellets to up the calcium and phosphorous ration.

5. Billythegoat

Billythegoat New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Washington
    Okay thank you. Would having alfalfa hay instead be okay too or just the pellet?

6. Catahoula

Catahoula New Member

Should be fine with having alfalfa hay. I put alfalfa pellets because my Boers didn't like alfalfa hay before. They eat alfalfa hay now but are not on grains anymore. They are turning 1 and I decided to cut the grains on my Boers but the Alpines are still getting grains.

7. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Copper content is pitiful. Why do they even bother.:rolleyes:
    You have good loose minerals on hand?

8. Billythegoat

Billythegoat New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Washington
    Nancy d I will have minerals for them. I don't have my goats yet because they aren't weaned.