Is this how my does pooch should look after breeding?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by bheila, Feb 27, 2009.

1. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I took Daisy to be bred and the lady I left her with said that she saw her stand for the buck on Feb 19th so we know that the deed was done. So I'm wondering if this is how she's supposed to look. I thought that I'd read somewhere that there would be discharge afterwards but it's been a week since she's been home away from the buck. I took this picture yesterday so it was exactly a week after she stood for him.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, it's the best picture I could get of her on my phone.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I rarely see that much discharge after breeding, but anything is possible I assume. If in 21 days she doesnt come back in heat then she settled.

3. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    How long should she have discharge? She had it today too.

4. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Wow, that is a little odd, I rarely see that amount at all unless it's later in pregnancy. Every goatie is just a little different I suppose. It will probably be gone in the morning and probably wouldnt last much longer than that. She couldnt have been bred early could she?

5. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Nope, she was only with the buck for a week and we only have a wether here. I just want to make sure she doesn't have any infection or anything. I assumed it was from being bred and I've never had my does bred before. So I don't really know what to look for. I'll know if she's bred in a few weeks if she comes back into heat I suppose.

Should I be worried since you guys aren't used to seeing that much discharge?

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if she was bred several times while with teh buck it could be extra semen being discharged.

7. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Okay, I won't worry then. Thanks :thumbup: