The Goat Spot Forum banner

Is this mainly boer?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  steeplechaser 
#1 ·
I was just recently given this male boer goat from a family moving. He is almost a year old. I saw the father of this boer an he was the typical brown an white. Huge guy, wouldn't win 1st place but a nice one to say the least.
This is the son but I don't know much on the mother. They told me the mom was mainly boer and the dad of course is close to full. But can boer goats have brown black and white like this boer? Does he look mainly boer? Sorry I'm new to having boer goats. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes getting heads out of a fence sucks lol. Hard to tell how much Boer is in him I have had 1/2 Boer kids born that look high % and some that are 3/4 and look hardly any Boer. Just looking and guessing I would say not high % but for sure crossed with something. But again if you have Boer does they could come out looking sand near full boer

#14 ·
Wow... So many different answers. Was hoping for 15 of the same answer so I would know for sure.
And to answer Jessica question/comment. Yes I only have female black/white boers at the moment an this would be the first male I have so there would be no doubt who the father was if they got pregnant.
He is very pretty. And I will still take care of him. I just need to keep looking for a high percentage boer for my new heard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.