The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merlins been out with his ladies but he needed a hoof trim and his Selenium/vit e gel so I was checking FAMACHA and overall condition and I noticed this...(see pic)
I washed it and sprayed it with Fightbac then put nustock on... should I give him some ivermectin? If so...Injectable or orally?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
That looks just like a milder case of what my buck had a couple months ago. As per the advice I received here, I picked off the scabs and applied Nu-Stock. I had intended to treat him with injectable ivermectin but never got around to weighing him and, embarrassingly, forgot about it until several weeks later. The nu-stock seemed to do the trick for my boy though, and his was a much worse case than yours!

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks just like a milder case of what my buck had a couple months ago. As per the advice I received here, I picked off the scabs and applied Nu-Stock. I had intended to treat him with injectable ivermectin but never got around to weighing him and, embarrassingly, forgot about it until several weeks later. The nu-stock seemed to do the trick for my boy though, and his was a much worse case than yours!
Thanks I didn't scrub the scabs away but will Tuesday when I reapply the nustock. I'm hoping it works,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts