Is this Normal

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by newmama30+, Dec 29, 2010.

1. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    I went out to do midnight check and one of the does was just laying there looking really uncomfortable...which is understandable she should be due anytime...anyhow she pooped while laying there so went into check on her and she stood up and pooped like 4 more times...just want to make sure this is normal and not a sign of contractions. :shrug:

2. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Sounds like her internal system is "making room" ... babies moving into birthing position and all... doesn't leave much space for the... uhhhh..."non-essentials" :wink:

My doe's do the same thing when their close.

3. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Oh Boy!! new babies soon... post pics!!

4. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Ok well no kids yet but wow do I have girls dropping their sides today and looking swollen on the back end....hope they go today it's beautiful out and tonight is freezing rain with snow coming in with more snow for the next three days or so they say.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Pooing while laying down and... that far along is normal.... :wink: :thumb:

6. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Yeah, they poop an insane amount when really big and far along. When they are in labor, mine poop and pee literally every ten minutes.

7. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    My first two does to have kids did the whole laying down pooing thing. And I've noticed my doe who is due Saturday, has been a pooping machine the past few days. When she gets up in the morning when I go out to turn her out of her stall, she poops, then goes outside and poops, then pees, and then walks about 10-15 steps and pees again LOL

8. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Athena is doing the same think. I didn't remember it from last year so I thought it was for sure baby time Christmas night so I did hour checks all night and I still don't have kids. Let me tell you that was a loooooong night. I am so glad it is normal because she is going a lot.

9. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Yeah makes me feel better knowing its normal, and I don't remember it from last spring either, but we only had four does kid out in the spring so maybe they just didn't do it?