The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
I have this yearling doe, and I was letting her nibble my finger the other day and I felt a large gap so I took a look in her mouth. I know they are loosing their baby teeth and growing in their adult teeth at this stage in their life but this just doesn't look normal to me. I know the picture is horrible, but maybe you can see there is some blistering around the giant tooth that appears to be coming in at a strange angle. Any imput will be appreciated!!Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
59,609 Posts
No, that is not coming in right. Really don't know if that is the way the tooth was coming in from the beginning or it got knocked somehow and now is growing bad.

·
Poverty Hill Fainters
9 Posts
Looks like she's getting her big girl (Adult teeth) Just like humans, things can look a little strange as the teeth move into place. Even the gums looking red is somewhat normal at this point.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just went out and the blister appears to have healed. I suppose I will just leave it for now and wait to see if it gets better.

·
Super Moderator
31,622 Posts
does she eat well..no other health issues...?? No fever or signs of infection?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, She eats fine and it doesn't seem to bother her. That's what I was worried about, it hurting her, but it seems like she couldn't care less.

·
1,524 Posts
Sometimes when the larger adult teeth grow in, there is not enough space for them until the other baby teeth drop out. Leave her be and see if it straightens out on its own. I bet it will.

The blister can be form the irratation caused by the tooth coming thru the gums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts