The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goat Sheep Terrestrial animal Sheep Grass

Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Grey

Dog breed Mammal Grey Fawn Dog
I’ve only had goats since February, so I’m still fairly new at this… I noticed today that one of my two month old kids has discolored, raised, round marks on his neck on one side. I’m hoping the photos are good enough to give you an idea of what’s going on. After some research, I’m thinking this might be ringworm but I’m just not sure. I’d prefer to avoid going to the vet, as I’ve spent literally thousands there in the last few months and I just can’t take another bill. This sweet little boy (Basil is his name), doesn’t seem bothered by the sores. He’s eating fine, is the largest of my eight kids by far, and is very alert and affectionate. Thank you all for any help you can provide!

76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put gloves on while handling him at all times , if it is ringworm you will get it to it is transferable from animals to humans
I will! I didn’t expect it and was already touching him. We have 13 goats (the youngest is 10 days old) and two LGDs (including a nine week old puppy) kept together. I’m really hoping it’s something else that’s not communicable.

·
Super Moderator
34,504 Posts
What a cutie. I can't tell..but I would use either nustock or quality tea tree essential oil in a little carrier oil. Rubbed on location. As mentioned, use gloves.

Best wishes

76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a cutie. I can't tell..but I would use either nustock or quality tea tree essential oil in a little carrier oil. Rubbed on location. As mentioned, use gloves.

Best wishes
Thank you! He’s my most affectionate little guy. We are dam raising, but you’d never know it from him. He’s gotten too big to pick up but he runs and begs to be carried around anyhow. I’m going to assume it’s ringworm or another fungal infection and treat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts