The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new goat owner. I bought 2 does a Oberhalsi 8 months Phebe and a 6 month old Alpine Caroline. I've had them about a month. I noticed righ away about 2 days of having them the Oberhalsi's stretching and rolling her head as if she is checking the sky. She seem to be in good health weight eating and energy and her poop all good. This behavior is pretty repetitive. I can post a video if I can figure out how to. Thanks in advance for any and all comments

·
14,760 Posts
Does she twist it over her back kind of like this, sort of in a circle? If so, I'd just consider her a weirdo lol.

This doe always did that, she was a silly critter. We have one of her daughters, and she tends to do it too. Especially if they are trying to figure things out - wanting something they can't reach, or get to, or well...sometimes just being weird lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes yes that's it! Ok, she is a weirdo. She calls for me then she is stand offish. I have been getting them in a routine and training them to the milk stand. They picked that up fast. She is jumpy when I try to touch her teats but she is getting better. The Alpine is so sweet and will let you do anything you want. Thanks for the responses I am relived.

·
Registered
560 Posts
My neighbor's goat does that. I never could figure out why, except that it must just be some weird quirk! I sold my neighbor a goat and now that goat does it too lol. I loaned a buck to her for a couple of months one year and was worried he'd be doing it too by the time he got back :p Luckily he didn't pick up the habit!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
My neighbor's goat does that. I never could figure out why, except that it must just be some weird quirk! I sold my neighbor a goat and now that goat does it too lol. I loaned a buck to her for a couple of months one year and was worried he'd be doing it too by the time he got back :p Luckily he didn't pick up the habit!
That's funny that one copied it form the other!
I have one that does is too.

Reactions: LoriV

·
14,760 Posts
It's really funny to see. The one in the pic I posted above was a total weirdo lol I miss her, but had to sell her last year (her new owners are happy with her and that makes me happy!).
She'd do that if she were up to something and trying to figure out how to make it happen.
Her daughter is kind of a nutcase, just kidded 3 weeks ago and if she doesn't like the hay we put in her hay feeder (super, super picky) she literately climbs the walls, and does this while standing with her feet on the walls of her stall. That's how I know I have to clean out her hay feeder and give her something 'different.' Super brat!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's really funny to see. The one in the pic I posted above was a total weirdo lol I miss her, but had to sell her last year (her new owners are happy with her and that makes me happy!).
She'd do that if she were up to something and trying to figure out how to make it happen.
Her daughter is kind of a nutcase, just kidded 3 weeks ago and if she doesn't like the hay we put in her hay feeder (super, super picky) she literately climbs the walls, and does this while standing with her feet on the walls of her stall. That's how I know I have to clean out her hay feeder and give her something 'different.' Super brat!
Yes just like that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts