The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought valbazen because it looked like what I needed but I need some reasurance on it....it says it's oral dewormer used in cow sheep and goats it treats liver flukes tapeworms stomach worms intestinal and lung worms....has anyone had good luck with it?

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
I agree... good product. done is 1 cc per 10# dont under dose :D not for pregnant does

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
Ivomec plus 1 cc per 40# sub Q...
For pregnant does, I expecially recommend having a fecal done..no sense in worming if you dont need to..Best to worm before breeding and the day she kids...I use valbazen for bran new moms..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay so now I have another question....she has a cough I think pneumonia.....what can u give for a pregnant doe? .....I have pen. And baytril and amphecillin

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
Have you taken her temp? does she just have a cough for are there other symptoms?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Naxcel. If she's pregnant don't mess around. Requires a vet and is a life-saver with pneumonia and also mastitis. Pricey and worth every penny.

·
Super Moderator
58,901 Posts
What is her temp? Have you tried Vet Rx? The antibiotics you have on hand really aren't for pneumonia. Vet Rx, Draxxin, is what worked on my girls when they had pneumonia and it is safe for pregnant females.

·
Registered
572 Posts
In the fall we use valbazen an then in the spring we do ivomec. I know everyone says not to change dewormers and such but we have tape worms (we use valbazen for that) and then other worms in the spring. The goats are on irrigated pasture. We also do valbazen because we can get it in bulk and now (with our friend,we joined forces) we are running 80 goats total. When we lived on the front range we never had to deworm (we were fortunate to live in a dry forest where the pine needles naturally dewormed) since we moved to the western slope after the fire onto an irrigated pasture I've had to learn a lot about worms and deworming. Valbazen has impressed me so far.

·
Super Moderator
58,901 Posts
Draxxin is vet prescribed. It is better to just buy the amount you need. It is expensive.

Vet Rx you should find at TSC. It is not expensive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts