The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,035 Posts
Oh yeah, that is all normal buck behaviour. I actually don't think their smell stinks, it is just strong. I know other people think it stinks, though. My husband doesn't mind it much, which is a good thing. I mean he thinks it stinks when it is all over my boots but when we are out in the barn he says it isn't really that bad he just doesn't want the smell in the house (I don't either, lol).

I'm with you, I think it is funny. But then again i have been told that I have the sense of humour of a 12 year old boy. When he pees on his face then waggles his tongue and makes funny noises i laugh myself silly. Then again I laugh so hard I can hardly catch my breath when one of my does sneezes and rips one out the other end, lol. I'm immature and childish.

· Registered
1,035 Posts
maybe it's "hooves".....let's just go with FEET......I hate trimming feet on those smelly boys......the last time I trimmed a yearling with the help of my husband the first thing he did was pee all over his face and give my husband an evil eye.....hubby was quite shocked as it was his first time witnessing that....lol.
I trim them just at the very start of rut, as soon as I notice them starting to increase in stink, then I hope and pray they don't need it again until january. lol. So far I have only had one who absolutely needed trimming while deep in rut, and his neck was too thick to fit in my stand so I had to tie him to the fence for it. He peed all over my shins every time i put his feet down. *facepalm* I am obsessive about keeping feet trimmed, but I will let the boys get a little long to avoid that especially now that I have a job off the farm. lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.