The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I waited to post a thread for Isabella until the last minute. She is my queen Nubian doe, and she is about 4 years old. This will be her second kidding and last year she gave me a nice single buckling. I would sure love to get a doeling out of her this year! Last year I bred her to a Nigerian but this year I bred her to a really nice Nubian Buck who recently won RGCH, GCH, & BIBS at his first show ever as a 3 yr old. Isabella comes from solid milking lines and had a very long lactation last year. I had a very hard time drying her off (she looked like she never really did dry off and seemed to have milk in her udder all the way through the end of her pregnancy...but I stopped milking her two months ago!). I really could have milked her through this year without rebreeding her but I didn't know it since this was her first freshening. Now that I know this about her I may not breed her back and just milk her through next year. Nice to have a doe that doesn't need to be bred to have milk!

Anyway, she is showing all the signs of being ready...ligaments are gone, her belly is really hanging low now, and her udder is getting even more full than it already was. It's not shiny and tight yet though. Isabella doesn't seem to know that labor is impending...she is happily munching away at her dinner. I'm really hoping she waits until at least Monday (her due date) as I have a big family reunion tomorrow! I think she looks really big...but I thought the same thing last year and she had a single so I keep telling myself she is going to have a single this year too...that way I can have a happy surprise if she has more.

Thinking pink! I'd love to keep a doeling from this pairing! :kidred:

·
Boers & Nubians
1,911 Posts
Sounds like a highly anticipated delivery (aren't they all ;))!!! Good luck with her! Do you have any pictures to share?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.