ISO Bottle Warmer Reviews & Feedback

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by rssgnl27, Mar 29, 2020.

1. rssgnl27

rssgnl27 Member

May 8, 2012
    Upstate New York
    I'm looking for the best way to heat up milk. Preferable methods other than microwave, or heating with water on stove.

Bottle warmers? I'm only going to be feeding about 10-12 kids, but just 2 at a time.

If anyone has any experience with bottle warmers or another appliance to warm their milk I'd love some feedback.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  2. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    This isn’t very helpful, but we used a cheap little bottle warmer from Walmart for the longest time, and it worked great! I don’t know the brand. It fit even the largest pop bottle we used.

Moers kiko boars and rssgnl27 like this.

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I used to use a baby bottle warmer. I also microwaved water and then heated up the bottles in the microwaved water.

4. rssgnl27

rssgnl27 Member

May 8, 2012
    Upstate New York
    What do you use now? Why did you change from a warmer? Was it not big enough?

5. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    My water heater is set at 150*F. Hot water! I put 6 bottles in 2-1/2 gal. bucket. By the time I'm ready to feed the little bottle monsters, the water is up to temp. You can fill the bucket with your hot water and full bottles, then dump they water out after it starts to cool and fill with hot water again. It should be the right temp.

I am very curious, how will you feed 2 at a time? Pull them out and feed? If you are feeding that many, why don't you get or make a "lamb bar". Or nipple bucket? You can feed 10 at a time. Caprine Supply sells reasonable ones.

6. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

It was more convenient for me to use the microwave heated water. But heating water for a bucket would heat more bottles at a time. You will find only heating a couple at a time will be too time consuming. I never had more than one or two bottle babies.

7. J4Julz

J4Julz Active Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Mid-Michigan