The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I feel like the ABGA has gone kinda hectic these past few years. DISCLAIMER I have only been with the ABGA for 3 years, so don't know if these past years I've just had bad luck OR if they are always like this. I sent in registration papers in May and I have still not received them! My father and I do the registration papers so he called and they were supposed to be here 2 weeks ago, ON TOP OF THAT they say that one of my does cannot be registered. They claim that this goat wasn't born on our farm. UGH! We did purchase this doe when she was 3 weeks bred... :eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg: THEY ALSO WANT US TO PAY FOR OUR REGISTRATION PAPERS AGAIN!!!! I'm just hoping someone can help me figure this out... Thanks in advance for any and all helpful posts.

·
Super Moderator
14,790 Posts
They can be a pain for sure at times but once you learn to check and double check everything before sending papers in it will get better. I started using USBGA and ABGA and USBGA was the type that if there was a issue they just called you up on the phone, as you can see ABGA does not lol
Ok first call and make sure that they were actually sent. A lot of people have been complaining about how slow they have been and that’s because there is so many coalition sales and shows going on in the spring and summer. So they might not have sent them yet. If they did send them and they are lost then yes I imagine you will have to pay for duplicate but it’s not going to be as expensive as registering them in the first place.
Ok your doe kid, it sounds to me like when you sent the dams papers in the date on the back was not filled in with the date that doe doe left the last owner. Did you fill this out right before you sent the papers? If so your going to have to call them and find out EXACTLY how to fix this. Most likely they are going to want the seller to write something that says that she sold you this doe (make sure she puts that she was exposed from X date to X date) on blah blah day.
Sometimes though ABGA does not make themselves clear on what exactly the issue is so call them and make sure that is the issue. The seller may not have written down that she was exposed.
But just make sure from now on you go over everything with a fine tooth comb. If a app go over it a few times and make sure everything is filled out correct. If it’s the papers make sure the date you actually purchased the animal on is written in. There is no time line on when those papers have to be sent in on. This is also the part that is most just left blank. If exposed make sure all that is filled in and the biggest one I have run into is the seller actually signed the dang thing!
When you call ABGA for anything make sure you write a little note why you called and who you talked to. This will make things less confusing if it’s a ongoing issue because sometimes you get different answers depending on who you talk to.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They can be a pain for sure at times but once you learn to check and double check everything before sending papers in it will get better. I started using USBGA and ABGA and USBGA was the type that if there was a issue they just called you up on the phone, as you can see ABGA does not lol
Ok first call and make sure that they were actually sent. A lot of people have been complaining about how slow they have been and that's because there is so many coalition sales and shows going on in the spring and summer. So they might not have sent them yet. If they did send them and they are lost then yes I imagine you will have to pay for duplicate but it's not going to be as expensive as registering them in the first place.
Ok your doe kid, it sounds to me like when you sent the dams papers in the date on the back was not filled in with the date that doe doe left the last owner. Did you fill this out right before you sent the papers? If so your going to have to call them and find out EXACTLY how to fix this. Most likely they are going to want the seller to write something that says that she sold you this doe (make sure she puts that she was exposed from X date to X date) on blah blah day.
Sometimes though ABGA does not make themselves clear on what exactly the issue is so call them and make sure that is the issue. The seller may not have written down that she was exposed.
But just make sure from now on you go over everything with a fine tooth comb. If a app go over it a few times and make sure everything is filled out correct. If it's the papers make sure the date you actually purchased the animal on is written in. There is no time line on when those papers have to be sent in on. This is also the part that is most just left blank. If exposed make sure all that is filled in and the biggest one I have run into is the seller actually signed the dang thing!
When you call ABGA for anything make sure you write a little note why you called and who you talked to. This will make things less confusing if it's a ongoing issue because sometimes you get different answers depending on who you talk to.
Thanks so much, I will definitely call and make sure that this is the issue. So glad a breeder knows what to do!

·
14,730 Posts
I agree with Jessica, call them and talk with them about it. I've definitely heard a lot of talk on FB about it taking forever to get papers back. I'm thinking they must really be behind on getting them mailed out. I honestly don't know their protocol on how they do the registration papers vs. looking them over vs. getting them mailed out.

Do you know if the back was filled out with breeding info for the dam of the baby? I agree, sounds like they may need more proof that the doe was bred before you got her. They should be able to tell you what you need to do to get the doe kids paperwork done.

Also, any time I have to send paperwork in - I always take a picture of it so if there are any issues I have 1. proof of paperwork 2. I know what was filled out.

I sent in a new JABGA membership application for my daughter about 3 weeks ago along with some of her goats that we're transferring into her name. The application was processed quickly, and I think probably Thurs or Fri I saw that the goats are now in her name in her account, but we are still waiting on the paperwork to come back.

I usually register kids in Mar/Apr and turnaround time is definitely faster. Registering on line is definitely the fastest way.

·
Administrator
85,650 Posts
I agree, sounds like the wrong date was possibly filled in on the paperwork, especially if it was blank, like you may of put in today's date, instead of going back to when she was actually sold to you.

Plus, the breeder didn't note on her registration papers on the back, she was exposed to breeding, on those papers when she signed her papers.

You will need the breeder to help you get out of this mess in writing and by calling ABGA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts