It doesn't seem right...graphic pics. *Warning*

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Bona Fide, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    :( Well I'm heartbroken to say YoYo kidded today with a gorgeous stillborn buckling. She seems to be doing well - she was a FF - the other girls are looking great - everyone except my HQ is being a bit overly friendly....won't be long - I imagine Fanci Jo is going to kid next. Three girls to go...lets cross fingers for some better luck this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm sorry :hug: That is such a shame that she delivered too early, he looks hairless. I hope the next birth is a happy one :hug:

3. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Hey, I wish the pictures were smaller - I've already downsized them twice...hm.

Yeah - she had a bit to go still yet - his head was covered in hair as was parts of his body, but he still had some time left to cook.

Thanks - she's getting a little extra loving, she wants it too - breaks my heart for her - she's upset but acts like she's not quite 100% sure what happened...

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    :( This is so sad! So sorry for your loss... :hug:

6. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Oh, I am so very sorry, it really isn't right.
    Hope your YoYo has a quich recovery!!

7. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I'm sorry about losing the little buckling. Glad you are giving momma some extra loving.

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I'm so sorry. He was a beautifully marked one too. At least mom is doing alright.

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    :hug: I'm so sorry. I hope the next kiddings go much better. :hug:

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    :hug: :hug: I am sorry about your kid - I hope momma is doing alright :hug: :hug:

11. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Oh she's a trooper - such a great girl.

Feel bad, had someone set on buying her in a deal - but emailed them and advised them of what happened and told them I didn't feel right selling her at the moment - am I wrong for doing this? I mean, no deposit was rec'd - I'd just really like to see her recover and come back up to par prior to selling her --- make sense or am I in the wrong?! I told them this and also told them that I'd give them first shot at a doeling as a replacement in the pkg from any of my girls - no response yet...being silly?! Heck idk - right now, I feel so ... idk, I feel like a dag gone beginner who knows nothing about goats - second guessing my everything, especially my competencies in caring for my goats...

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    You can't second guess yourself. You know plenty about goats. These things just happen.

It's up to you on selling her or not. :hug: :hug:

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    your feelings are natural. But you do know what you are doing with your goats. The very fact that you are second guessing yourself and wanting to keep her till she is 100% shows you do know what is best for them. :hug: :hug:

I havent read to see what you have given her already but this is what I would do:

Nutri Drench and some molasses water. Plus plenty of TLC.

Is she in milk?

14. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I'm sorry you lost the little one. :(

I have to say I'd probably do the same as you in this situation. I would let them know that you want to be 100% sure she is healthy and okay after this, and maybe you can contact them when you feel it is safe for her to go to a new home.

15. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I am so sorry he was born before his time and you lost him. :hug:

16. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I am so very very sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: