The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Easter was coming up and my older neighbor loves bringing family, friends, children, etc. over to see the babies.

So, as a little Easter surprise (as I knew she would be dropping visitors by to pay a visit) I used Koolaid as a temporary dye to get the kids all ready for their holiday. Everyone loved it, and (as a side note) I don't think Peanut, Butter, or Jelly seemed to mind or take notice of their "new" hairdo.

It came out on next washing, and a a bonus they had a slight fruity fragrance for about an hour.

Attachments

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
OH. MY GOSH. LOL, too cute for words! I have thought of doing that for my cat, did you use water or rub the powder on them?

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OH. MY GOSH. LOL, too cute for words! I have thought of doing that for my cat, did you use water or rub the powder on them?
I used ACV (which actually made them quite shiney) in with water. I first put the baby into my tub of warm water and had a separate gallon bucket pre-mixed with warm water, koolaid (about 5 packets each color) with about a cup of apple cider vinegar. I first bathed them as normal (natural oatmeal soap) and rinsed. Then I took a red Solo and poured the other mixture onto them, rubbing as I went. It was messy on my hands, but came off with some soap after a few washes. I didn't mind, though. Please please please be careful of eyes, ears, etc. As you can see in the pics I did not get anywhere close to their heads at all. But after several repeats of dumping the water over their back bodies and rubbing it actually held up pretty well.

Jelly (the pink baby) I had adding some red food coloring in since I had that on hand. FYI.... Peanut's color (the lilac) was the most difficult to get to hold. I think if I had some food coloring mixed for purple it may of been better, but I think it looked pretty good. Just not as intense as the other colors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts