It Look Like I May Be Getting...

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by hornless, Dec 3, 2007.

1. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    a new doeling sooner than I thought! She was just born today. Her dam is really nice- http://www.dragonfly.jmkarohl.com/pages ... does2.html
    The dam's name is Nor'Easter. I just love her! Still waiting on pics, but I think I'll be placing a deposit on this one. Well, my dad anyways. It's an early xmas gift. So, I'll also be able to get a kid from Chiaroscuro, with my money, along with kids from various other does. I'm so excited!

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I love Nor'Easter! Congrats! I can't wait to see a pic of her!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well that is cool! You are certaily building up your little herd.

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see pictures! They've had a lot of babies born lately too. ;)

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations. That is great. Just in time for Christmas.

6. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Congrats! That's the farm where I got Pace and Shanti, their mom is actually right above Nor'Easter (Buttin'Heads Too Shaise Lounge). Anyway, can't wait to see pictures :D

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats! Dam looks super nice :D

8. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Well, unfortunately it looks like I can't get this doeling. Here is an excerpt from the email Joanne sent to me:
    "Don't send that check! If you haven't already--someone just saw the birth posted and called me to remind me that they had a first refusal on this kidding which I had not entered onto my reservations document (it was a trade for another goat so it was of longer standing than this season)...once they reminded me I did remember it. I am really sorry, but they say yes, they definitely want the kid.I will say that Birgitte's kid is also really lovely.Red and white, and I still think she is polled. Birgitte has a very nice first freshening udder, I think she is going to be one of my best does. I think her kid will be very nice. Let me know what you want to do."
    So I emailed her and told her I'd get Birgittes' doeling. Still waiting on pics though :)

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well thats a little bit of a bummer. But glad you still have another option available to you

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Yeah, that's good that at least you have another choice :wink:

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
  12. moonspinner

moonspinner Member

Oct 5, 2007
    western NY
    Dragonfly is a superb program and Joanne really knows her goat stuff. I highly recommend this ND farm.

13. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Thanks! I also placed a deposit on Roanoak's kid (because of her very nice attachments). And I'm thinking of buying this doe :
    http://fiveacrefarm.org/SrDoes.htm
    Her name is Stonewall's Grace Note. I just love her pedigree. If she hasn't sold I plan on buying her.

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I think Cheryle (Old Mountian Farm) bought Grace Note. I can't wait to see your new does!

15. moonspinner

moonspinner Member

Oct 5, 2007
    western NY
    Yep. OMF has Grace Note. She's out of Apocalypse Now, just a terrific buck.