The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

One of my 3 wethers, Tango, always seems to be itchy all over. During his first vet check about a month ago, the vet looked all over and said he didn't see signs of mites, and he isn't chewing or stamping his feet. His coat seems a little dull and sticky compared to my other 2 and he is constantly shedding, while his brothers have smooth, shiny summer coats.

Do some goats have chronic allergies? Is there something I can do for him to make him more comfortable? I give all of my goats a capsule of Flaxseed oil- Tango has been pickier than usual and occasionally spits the capsule out.

Thanks! Photos of the little stinker as a photo tax!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, everyone! There are no angry, crusty areas on any of the goats. Tango has a callous on his knee, but that is it. (He likes to lay on his knees, like most goats, I assume).

I'll keep an eye on it! I have ivermectin pour on if it doesn't improve. I would prefer not to use permethrin products due to their toxicity to cats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.