The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pygmy Guru, Nubian Newbie
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are goats supposed to be a little itchy? My goats constantly are scratching themselves, and I'm wondering if it's normal for goats or not. I've seen goats itch like mine before, but I'd like to clear it up for sure. Thanks :help:

·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked for lice, and don't see any. :) I'm glad that's normal, thanks.

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
What do you mean Ichy..Like rubbing against things for a good scratch or scratching with thier hooves..or rubbing along the ground...My goats love to push up against things, gates, fencing, trees..for a good scratch but when I see one pushing them selves while laying on their chest ( back end Up lol) I know they have a problem..

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
problem like lice, mites..mange or dry skin ....something more than just feel like a good scratch ;)

·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my goats love to rub against fences/gates/barn doors and they do scratch between their hooves. They also itch their back with their horns.

·
Registered
30,643 Posts
Well my goats love to rub against fences/gates/barn doors and they do scratch between their hooves. They also itch their back with their horns.
That is normal behavior, goats love a good scratch...if they are scratching like mad to the point of causing stress and/or bald spots then they need something done...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts