Ithma's twins - 3 weeks old! New Pics! 1-25-11 page 3

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by HoosierShadow, Jan 5, 2011.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    First here's a pic of mama pre preggo when we bought her...

[​IMG]

The sire, our registered codi boer buck, Longstreet <our first homebreds!>
    [​IMG]

The lovebirds together :laugh:
    [​IMG]

And here's the babies!
    Doeling is in the red sweater, the buckling is in the black one.
    [​IMG]

The doeling was born about 12:15am...I am sooooooooo in love with her :)
    [​IMG]

The buckling was born probably around 12:45am, he's so cute I love that lil nose of his!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can you tell my youngest daughter, Marissa was having fun? The doeling was trying to bounce around in that little spot, it was soooo cute! Then she came over to inspect Marissa and rudolph the red nosed reindeer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know it's dark <I tried not to use the flash too much>, but I love these pics! She was peaking over mama and watching me talking to me! It was just toooo adorable! I spent a lot of time talking to her and helping get her dry so I think she knows me :wink: This was just one of those priceless moments though...that expression...I just love it!
    [​IMG]

She couldn't figure out how to get her legs on mama and climb over LOL, she tried sooo hard and kept stopping to stare at me
    [​IMG]

The buckling was nursing for a long time when we came in, so he got his belly full and was resting next to mama
    [​IMG]

Time to figure out these legs a little more...
    [​IMG]

Think he'll look like daddy?
    [​IMG]

There she is peeking at me again :laugh:
    [​IMG]

Mama got up for a drink, and the kids were reunited...tooo adorable
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the markings on their heads
    [​IMG]

He was learning how to shake in this one, it was funny, he worked hard keeping his balance
    [​IMG]

Mama checking on her babies
    [​IMG]

That's all I have for now :) My oldest two kids will be home from school soon so we'll end up getting lots more after while.
    I'm sooo exhausted, I just can't make myself go to sleep! I think when my husband gets home I am going to crash for a while!

2. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

Re: Ithma's twins

wow--those are some CUTE pictures!!!!

3. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

Congrats, they are so precious, and I so want that doeling. Now go get some sleep.

4. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA

Congrats! Those kids were LONG awaited! Glad the delivery went well, they are beautiful. Oh, how I love goat kids. They have to be the cutest baby animal...

5. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009

They are darling! I love your pictures.

Jan

6. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada

:lovey: too cute for words!!!

7. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada

Oh my goodness, what beautiful babies. I love the sweater idea. Since I live in the bush without the luxury of 24 hr. power. I was thinking that sweaters on my kids was the way to go. Do you have plans for making those sweaters, that you'd share?? Thanks

8. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

Message box: "WARNING: CUTENESS OVERLOAD. If you attempt to load these photos it could crash your computer. Do you wish to continue?" JK :laugh: They are so incredibly cute! And Marissa is just beautiful!

9. Re: Ithma's twins

Oh my goodness!!! Had everyone in the office at work lookin at em. They are absolutely adorable! :lovey: Congrats!! :leap:

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Wonderful pics! Adorable babies...though I'm thinking that Marissa is cuter! :hug:
    Wonderful job making sure your kids stay healthy and happy, those sweaters are cute!

11. VickiH

VickiH New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Ohio

Adorable! I love Boer babies!

12. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks so much everyone I am glad you liked the pics! We're so excited about them! They have perked up this afternoon finding their legs and trying to bounce around the stall. So far the doeling is the outgoing one, and the buckling is more laid back.
    They weren't shivering anymore this evening, so we turned the heat lamp off, as we want them to try and be as natural as possible without needing the dependancy of electric heat. I'm going to check on them here in a minute, and if all is well I'm soaking in the bath and going to bed for a few hours! I'll check on them again when it starts to get cold tonight, but as long as they keep cuddling up next to mama when they are sleeping then they should be fine :)

And poor Trouble --- Ithma's little sister, she is just so lost without having her big sis :( I've been letting her come into the barn to sleep in the back stall so she is closer to her sis, she just isn't happy sleeping with the other goats. She's also my spoiled baby, so when she wants something I listen :)

13. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX

OMG they are sooooo adorable. I am so glad everything went well. And congrats on the new kids. :stars:

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

AWW! I LOVE the buck, way too cute

15. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks Katrina!
    They are doing just fine :) They were shivering this morning so I turned the heat lamp on, and will turn it off when the temp warms up a little more, and then hopefully we won't have to use it again. The doeling wants to play soooo bad! But her brother wants to nurse, walk around and check out the sights and lay down. As soon as he lays down she is standing over him, trying to kick up her heels and was trying to paw at him LOL She's the one that gets cold the most so I am glad she is up moving around :)
    It's 24 out now, and will be in the upper 30s today so hopefully no more heat lamp after this morning. And I keep it far enough away from them that they aren't getting too warm, it's just enough that it takes the cold chill off.

16. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

I forgot to add that the little sweaters are actually toddler girls fleece shirts. I used size 18 months, got them at walmart because I couldn't find any doggie sweaters. I cut the arms off, and sewed around them so the fleece doesn't come apart, On one of them <the does> I took it in at the side seams and semed it. It was hard to judge how long and wide they needed to be. So I left them alone.
    When it was time to put them on, I was out in the barn, judged the size folded the fleece up on the outside, and used scissors to cut holes ever couple of inches. I ran some twine in and out and tied it on the top so that the sweater didn't hang down and get in their way. I'll eventually replace the twin with something better, but for now it works great.

I'm going to keep an eye on clearance sales and buy some more. We have 3 does pregnant and due at the end of next month and Feb weather can go either way. Best to be prepared. Others had suggested using sweaters on this forum, so a BIG THANK YOU for the suggestion! I like them better than the dog sweaters, the fleece seems so much warmer than the dog sweaters I have seen.

17. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Those kids look really nice. U r really lucky u don't have to keep watching. I am so tired plus working 2 jobs its really getting old. Lol

18. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks Roger! And I am sorry Athena is keeping you waiting! I am a stay at home mom when I am not working with my camera and feel very fortunate, as I am sure I would have already pulled my hair out and gone crazy if I were working!

That's okay. In 7 weeks I'll be doing this again, with 2 does and I think the other will be due then as well! It's going to be 'very interesting' to say the least since 2 were bred on the same day.

I managed to get a little more sleep this morning <YEAY!>. My 4yo climbed in bed and did her routine of waking me up hehe. She wants to go outside with the babies soooo bad! My husband is working on the goats barn, so she can go out and not have to wait on me and my slow self....LOL

19. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada

Thanks for sharing the sweater info. Good luck.

20. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Thanks and no problem, I hope it helps out others. Especially when those should be going on clearance at most of the stores too!

I went out to see them for a bit earlier, and had to come in to clean my house, it was HORRIBLE! But what do you expect with 3 kids hehe! And the fact my husband is just like the kids and leaves stuff all over the house....But at least he's making up for it by working on the goat barn addition today :)