The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started my waiting thread last night as today is day 145. No signs or changes in mama today. Went to grab dinner and a few things at the store..... Came home to a wet baby on the ground. Hooray for a doeling! FF is doing well. I think it's just a single. Been about an hour since birth She's cleaning baby, but won't let her nurse much. Any advice?

*added picture to second page*

·
14,615 Posts
Congrats on a doeling that's terrific!:cool:
Is mama standing up now? Kids dont nurse much at all at first, a few sucks here & there but quite often.
Dont forget to worm new mama, the stress of birthing brings on the parasites.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I knew you would miss it! Darn it! Congrats on your new little one :) Has momma passed her placenta (or is it even coming out)?

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone! Momma just passed placenta, baby has nursed and peed & pooped. This is great :) I was working in the barn all day, and she knew I left....stinker

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Congrats , lol Im hoping I dont miss my girl , but there is nothing you can do about it :) You had to eat at some point , lol
Hooray for a doeling !

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Congrats!! Doelings are the best! Sorry you missed it! :(

Laura you better not ;) I want pics from start to finish! Or better yet a video! ;) J/K

·
Registered
31,081 Posts
congrats!!

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a picture of our new doeling, Magnolia. We named her after our favorite tree in the yard. Obviously, being our first kid, she stays here! So proud of our FF Caramel.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts