its a girl yay thank everyone new picture more 2 come later

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by faintfarm, Feb 3, 2011.

1. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    cookie my goat is been in full blown labor for 2 hours and my question is should i break her water and try to help pull the baby out ?????? she has been pushing every 3 minutes

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: i need help fast goat in labor for 2 hours

Can you see a bubble as she pushes?

3. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009

yes i can see the bubbles and have been able to for about an hour now

4. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

If she has been pushing for an hour with little to no progress then I think you need to go in and help pull the kids.

5. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009

ok thanks goin in lol brb

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Absolutely, break the water and feel for a nose and feet.

7. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009

well we have a baby girl :leap: born at 820 pm her name is sugar rhea pictures later to night :kidred: :love:

mom rejects her tried to butt her so i will be taking her to work with me tonight

8. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Re: its a girl yay thank everyone

Oh, congratulations! I'm so glad you were able to help them both!

9. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

CONGRATS!!

10. Re: its a girl yay thank everyone

YAY!! :leap: Sorry momma won't except her??

11. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009

i milked mom for all she had but baby is still hungry what can i give her til morning when i can get to store to buy something?

12. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

i give warm whole store bought milk! but I would keep milking Mom, she will give more milk.

13. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Congrats! I too am sorry to hear mama is rejecting her :( I'd think by milking her as much as you can it should build up her production. I can't wait to see pics :)

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: its a girl yay thank everyone new picture more 2 come la

Congrats........ :thumb:

Tie up mom....tie her back leg up... the side you will be working from...put the baby on her......the more you milk her... or the baby nurses... it will get the milk to drop more...and gently ...bump her udder....alternate sides each time.....so she doesn't explode the teat... on the opposite side.... Is she a first time mom? You will have to teach her.....and tie her ....until she stops fighting it....I'd go out ...every couple of hours or so....after a while ....you will get to the point.... you won't have to tie up her back leg..... and then... her at all....it may take a while..... also check the babies tummy....she may allow the kid to nurse... when you aren't looking.... :wink: ......

Go to the vet and tell them..... you need Oxytocin for milk let down....that will help get her to drop milk.......also.... make sure ....you give her grain and good Alfalfa to help with milk........ be sure..... she has plenty of water.... put momma and baby in a bonding pen alone together...leave them there..... until she bonds with her baby... :hug:

15. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Love your advice Pam! That's exactly what I would try!

BTW, I just saw Sugar's pic SOOOO CUTE! Congrats! I hope mama accepts her kid! I know it's hard, and a heartbreaking thing to watch. It's one thing that worries me about first time mamas <if that's what she is?>! Maybe she just needs time and help to figure it all out.

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Thank you....I appreciate that.... :thumb:

faintfarm...how is it going? :hug:

17. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009

well mom tries to stomp and butt baby still i can't leave them alone and baby eats good from bottle but will not drink moms milk or even try to suck. she is a ff moma

i took her out this morning when she was really hungry but nothing i tried to tie up mom and baby is scared of her mom. but i have been taking baby to work with me its just easier with so much going on at home i just don't have time to full with mom right now all this happened at the wrong time i am remodeling my whole house from rewiring to laminate flooring, painting, insulation and duck work for heating all while working night shift and taking online classes for vet assistant
    we just got done installing a hot water heater and heatpump and furnace.

so i have a full plate wish i had more time i need sleep badly only been sleeping 3 to4 hours a day so we can get the house done for inspection in 2 wks.

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I am sorry it isn't working out for momma and baby....and you don't have the time to help them.... :( but.... if she took the bottle ...she sounds to be better off being a bottle baby.... I would definitely think about getting rid of that FF Doe ....that isn't good....and the likely hood of her doing it again... is really high..... if you can't break her pattern... :(

19. faintfarm

faintfarm New Member

Aug 19, 2009

i didn't ever plan on breeding any of my goats. see i started off with 2 billys and one died so i tried to get another but after trying about 4 others so we got a female from auction and she turned out pregnant and surprized us with baby 4.5 months after we got her then she got loose and we found her a few months later at a farm down the road i didn't know it was a farm until someone told me about it. and a few months after i got her back and my billy went to be with my dogs cause he tried to hurt the baby and he got out and come to find out she was prego with with baby number 2. so we had a friend come and band him only to find out let than a yr later all 3 my girls are prego. found out with he butted her and 3 hours later she had twins and they died. then cheked everyone else and sure enough they were prego.i have 1 left ff she is almost 2 years old and have appointment to have him surgically removed in 2wks just have to find way to get him there. :leap: just a run of bad luck i can't get riad of cookie she is my lil girls (6yrs old) it would break her heart