Its a good feeling :)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Nov 30, 2008.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Sold two goats today to a home where they are gonna be spoilt ROTTEN!

I delivered them for the lady, she lives on this huge acreage/estate which is all divided up into pretty little paddocks, lots of rolling hills and a fair few big rocks/boulders.

She contacted me for two as lawnmowers/pets. I sold her my Boer doe, Calypso, who didnt breed for me, for the price of a wether, plus Charlotte's little wether kid Double Trouble, for company.

She was sooooo excited, she took the leads from me as soon as they hopped out of the car! And they have SUCH a nice place to live, she said she is going to talk to them heaps. The neighbours on each side have a few goats on lawnmower duty as well.

Calypso was raised on the bottle so I was a bit sad that she was infertile, and was destined for freezer camp. This is sooooo much better!

She was so happy that they were friendly and she could pat them :greengrin:

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I just love it when that happens! :leap:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That is so awesome! I just love when you find them those perfect homes!!!

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That is really nice Keren!! I just love it when my babies find the most wonderful homes!! :) I just got an email from a lady I sold a doe kid to a couple months ago, I had planned on keeping the doe but needed a little extra money and already had a maternal sister, so I found her a good home. Anyways, she sent me the sweetest email! They just LOVE Carrie and she is the star of their family. She follows them everywhere and when she picks her up, lays her head on the lady's chest. It's really sweet. Just love those people. She's also gonna buy another doe kid from me in the spring. :cool: :)

Congrats on finding your two goats such awesome homes. Much, much better than "freezer camp". :)

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    That's great Keren I'm very happy for you. It's a good feeling when you know that a goat got a good home. :thumbup:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh how wonderful...I am so happy for you ...keren....

how many do you have left of those babies to sell?

What a relief........... :hug: and to place them in a home ...as lovely... as you have described ...is so awesome.... :leap: :leap: congrats

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    What an awesome home they found! :greengrin:

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Havent heard from her yet, which means all is going well. She said she'd contact me if anything went wrong. Calypso was a bit seperation anxiety when I left, she was running up and down the fence calling out. But I'm sure with all the attention and food she is gonna get, she will enjoy herself pretty soon.

I did have 12 Angora does sold to picked up this weeked, but the buyer fell through - grrrr. Also still got 3 angora wethers to sell.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is Good news....It is very normal for them to be stressed for a while ...but they will certainly.....adjust quickly.....and love it there... :love: :thumbup: :hi5: :)

wow ......you still have quite a few to sell....good luck... :pray:

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed because this lady said she would take all of the angora does, and I held them specifically for her, stopped advertising, turned away three other people because she said she wanted them ... now I havent heard from her ... I've emailed her asking to please let me know one way or the other ... because I need to start advertising again if she doesnt want them. I need to get my feed bill down and I need to start paying off my vet bills.

:(

11. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Keren- I know how that is- i am going to thin out my herd too- Our feed and hay is at $250 per week, and we need a new truck-so something has to go! I hate it when people do that stuff to you- thats why we only hold goats for 1 week without a deposit-then they go back up for sale- It makes you miss a sale just because of their word-some people stick to their word though- I wish you luck!!!