It's a muddy mud world . . . .

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Sonrise Farm, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I hate mud!!!!!!!!!

My Goats revolve around their feeder, and because it's a square box with slants to put their heads through, there is like 2 inchs of water/manure mixture all around the box and so today I started hauling large stones in there by hand . . . . :roll: I'm not done yet and it looks awful, but their feet are dry atleast.
    and then the gateway is flooded because my dad had a skidloader goin' through there and so it's like a mud puddle right by the gate and it drives me nuts!

I would put them in my other pen, but my horse is currently residing in the shelter there.

I hate mud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It's that way here now....and when Candy brought her girls she was nice enough to also bring some "pavers"....I have them laid as stepping stones from the gate to the door and then to the water bucket...my girls absolutely hate mud!

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    You should see Daisy balance herself on a narrow board. . . .oh it is too funny!
    But my nubian is part pig I think . . . .her knees are soooo dirty. . .

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am having a heck of a time with mud also. My poor animals!

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh man, I'm sorry guys. I hate mud. Luckily we don't have any mud right now.....it's been really dry and the ground freezes at night...so i'm feeling really lucky now. :D We're supposed to get snow Saturday and Sunday so hopefully it doesn't melt really soon afterwards. I hate mud!!!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    we are dry as well...until this weekend.. rain is coming for a week......I to hate the mud.....
    I remember one year...I was walking through thick mud ....my rubber boot got suck... I couldn't get it out.. :help: ..I had to take off my rubber boot that was stuck... to try to pull it out with both hands...not putting my foot down ...that had my sock exposed........to find myself off balance ........when that happened ..... my foot with my sock..... went right into the mud...eww :doh: :hair: :oops: :roll:

7. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Oh Toth! :hug:
    I was trying to jump mud puddles in the pasture while balancing 2 flakes of hay and trying to keep my dress clean . . . .my horse ran into me, sent me spinning, skirt flailing and KAPLOP! In the biggest mud puddle ever. . . . :angry: AND MY SKIRT WAS PRETTY MUCH ALL WHITE. . . . :doh:

KW. . . . it's been raining for weeks here. . . . . . . . . .I'm about ready to :hair:. my pens are all but flooding . . . . . :roll: the gruond is starting to freeze tho. . . . . so I'm actually praying for snow. . . . . :pray:

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    We don't have mud because its too cold for it! It is freezing up here, I hate it.
    I'd take mud over cold & snow anyday.

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    We don't have too much of a problem with mud here. . . . but it's raining a lot today. :sigh: So, no doubt that'll change some.

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Mud is way to dirty... :doh: LOL...I think it has a magnet for white .....like your dress....was white.....so was my....socks....WAS......LOL :ROFL:

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Hey, that reminds me of when we were feeding some cattle at another ranch once. Big, huge piles of mud (about 1 1/2 feet deep, it was bad!) My boot got stuck and I tried to pull it out and ended up taking out my whole foot, then losing balance and falling forwards in the mud. How embarrassing! Thankfully, it was only my cousin around, she doesn't mind my idiotic nature. :)

Yep, good times. ;)