It's been a L O N G time ...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Julie, May 10, 2009.

1. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    It's been a long time since I've been here. Atleast, it SEEMS like it. I guess it's really only been a few months, but it seems longer.

I just wanted to stop in here and see how everyone's doing, and let you all know how things have been with me :)

I got out of goats. I was having to many issues with goats, and got fed up with it. So I sold out. I'm completely "goat-less" now.

I started pursueing my dream job - Professional Photography. I'm just starting out in the business, and trying to take baby steps at it. Currently I'm doing "practice sessions" for people so I can build my portfolio and improve my technique. Like I said - I'm taking baby steps at this, so for starters I bought a really good pro-sumer camera, plus my camera equipment (my lens, hood, all the goodies for taking pro pics), and since I got my camera/equipment ... I started doing practice sessions. I'll probably do practice sessions for a while (what I mean by practice sessions is that I do "free" sessions and only charge for prints. So basically, I just waive the session fee).

I have a new website that I just created for my photography. Here's the link :
    www.wix.com/Julie_in_PA/JW-photography
    (check it out !) Oh and turn up your volume when you open my website ;)

An acquantance (sp?) of mine that I've known online for almost a year now saw my website, and she wants to fly me to North Carolina to do a photo shoot of her and her family. All expenses paid. So that's "BIG" for me :) I plan to go with my assistant (my BFF is my photography assistant).

I have a passion for photography, and so now that's "what I'm doing" ... the goats were my thing for a while, but now instead of goats - it's photography. I don't really miss the goats THAT MUCH ... but I do a little. I think I feel releived though ... due to some of the problems I was having. I've ALWAYS wanted to do photography, I loved taking pics ever since I was a child. I remember as a little girl (like 6 years old) setting up props and stuff for photo sessions in my play area ... I would use my (very tame) cat to practice on (LOL!).

So anyway, that's the update on me ... so how are you all doing ??

2. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    btw - if anyone would be interested in a FREE photo session ... as I said above, that's what I'm doing right now. You pay for my gas fees, and for your prints, but the photo session is FREE (that's an AWESOME deal considering most photo session run from $150 - $300 on average). This is for a limited time only, I dont' know for sure yet how long I'll be offering this. So if anyone's interested, contact me a.s.a.p.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Glad to hear from you Julie.......... it has been a while.....sorry things didn't work out for you in the goats......but I'm happy you are doing OK..... :wink:

Congrats Julie..... that is wonderful....... that you have that job opportunity...... :leap:
    Professional photography..... is so neat.... I checked out your site....... beautiful work with the photo's.........Good luck with your passion......and I pray things work out for you........ :pray:

Please do .........pop in and say howdy once in a while .....we are glad to hear from ya ..... :hug: . :grouphug:

4. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
  5. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Julie!! Your alive! Lol. I was beginning to wonder if that one thing that runs in your family had gotten you!
    Your pictures are great! I hope everything goes good with your photography!

Full paid expenses for family photo shoot? Wow.

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Aww. I'm sorry to hear that you got out of goats. Maybe one day you'll get back into them again. That is how things go for me. I take a break from things, and come back to them if I really enjoyed them.

Congrats on your photo endeavors!

7. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Good luck with your Photography job!