The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Just thought I'd drop in and say hi--it has been awhile since I posted. Things have been very busy around here with a new baby. Well, I guess she isn't that new anymore--about 8 months old. ;) Anywho, I haven't had much time to spend on the computer since she joined our little family.

Since last I posted, we lost a couple goats. It was over the week after I had the baby. The weather was really nasty, and my husband took care of the animals for me (which I'm sure was not the problem--he does a great job). But a couple goaties got sick and died very quickly, before we realized and could intervene. :( Very sad, and I hate that it happened. Made for a very emotional time, what with the pregnancy hormones and all. Still not sure exactly what happened-- thankfully it seems that it was isolated to the goats that passed, as the others stayed perfectly healthy.

The goats that survived the yucky winter are thriving and happy and adorable. We bought a new buck, too--he is AWESOME. Bought him from AJJ Farm (Thanks Jen!). He has been a joy--super handsome and extremely friendly. He comes from really nice lines too:

DAM: Rosasharn SP Aurora
DS: ARMCH Rosasharn Sapporo +*S +*B 91EEE
DD: ARMCH Rosasharn TL Arwen 8*D VEEE90

SIRE: Helmstead Minis CVE the Pie
SS: Caesars Villa LV Eric *S
SD: Echo Point Aspen GCH senior dry doe

AND I am pretty sure he has impregnated at least one of my girls for fall babies! :cool: (I'm gonna post pooch pics in a minute--maybe you guys can lend your expertise!)

I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your summer! Here are some pics of the goats for your viewing pleasure. ;) They are not that great--I am a horrible goat photographer. Always get those awkward action shots. Irma is the white one, Hana is caramel, and Major (buck) is dark brown with silver moon spots. The photo of him does not do him justice--he is a really gorgeous guy.

Bess

Attachments

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
cute Pix : )

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Glad to hear from you! :)

Sorry you had lost some over the winter :( but Grats on your new boy! LOVE him :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just realized that I had posted before about losing the other goats, and that at that time I was certain that Hana was pregnant. Lol. Whoopsie. See, I'm not too good at determining if a doe is with kid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts