The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like I haven't been here in years! We moved and I have no electricity or internet :( BUT...life has been wonderful! Living on 40 acres in God's country cannot be beat!

The buck I bought last year throws really nice babies. Sorry I don't have pics as my camera got lost in the move. Anyway, he was advertised as a BoerX. Who knows what else he is, but he throws nice chunky kids which is what I wanted. Last fall my older doe had 1 buckling and the younger doe had twin doelings. I kept the buckling as a possible futher buck. So far he is growing nicely and I will breed him to one of my does to see what he produces. The doeling I gave to a friend along with the buck I bought. He has a few does he wanted bred.

This spring, between myself and friend, all 5 does had twins! AA total of 5 :kidred:and 5 :kidblue: . One of my does, the one that had twins last year, rejected her buckling...have no idea why as I was there for the birthing and she loves the doeling. So, I had my first bottle baby! :D He is so cute! Loves his momma (me!).

Hope everyone is doing well. Hopefully I will be able to check back more often. :wave:

·
Super Moderator
59,784 Posts
Welcome back! :wave:

Glad things are going well and your place sounds wonderful. I take it you have some type of internet connection now. Hope to hear from you more!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts