It's been way to long!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Anna, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Hey Everyone,
    I probably look like a stranger here, lol, but seeing as so many familiar names and people really makes me feel like I'm scrolling through Goat Web's pages again. *sighs* I've missed my goat nutty human friends. I also see many new members. :) Since it's been over year a suppose I'll give you a little run down about me. I talked to Stacey a while back and kinda filled her in. I had a very hard round with the goats around kidding season last year, and by the end of the summer I had lost 5 of my beautiful nubians. My 3 best does and 2 of thier kids. A couple to freak occurances, and the rest to the barber pole worm which infected my pasture after I RESCUED a malnurished Alpine. I honestly thought that was my sign to give up, but something told me to stick through it. I cant live with out my babies. Anyways, it's been almost a year now, and things have leveled back out and I'm enjoying life as goat nanny once again. You live, you learn, and you have to have them to loose them...

I have 6 adorable nubian girls and one boogery little nubian wether. Hee hee, you guys just have to see his face and you'll know what I mean! Two of my girls are expecting sometime in the next week! :leap:

Mary and Glitz are my preggers girls.

And then the yearling girls are:
    Sonata (Snotty)
    Alegra (Get it? they are sisters, snot and alergy medication? ha ha, they were spring babies)
    Minuet
    Spotty Dottie

And then of course my whether, Jude who is almost 5 months now *sniffs* he's growing so fast ;)

Me myself personally am doing well. My dairy (cow)shows have taken to better hieghts and the state 4-h is now sponsoring me to several leadership conferences around the US. I'm also applying for a conference in Tenn. this April the top leaders in every 4-h division, of course mine Dairy Science, I wish it was small ruminants, but I my Jersey's hang the moon for me too. :)

I'll try to stick around a little more. My internet situation is more stable now. I'll try to get some pictures up soon of my "kids". Especially those expecting, I probably wont be able to shut up about them. LOL

How is everyone doing these days?(((hugs))))

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Glad to have you back!!!

I had a situation last summer that I about threw in the towel also - but like you - I pulled through and have made a heck of a comeback!

Congrats

3. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Welcome from AL :wave: I was TheGoatLady2007 on the old goat web! And I think we have ALL felt upset with the way things sometimes take a turn for the worst :hug: glad to see you stuck it through though and can't wait to see pics of your goats!!!!

4. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Welcome Back =D
    I'm Alyssa from Aus and I think I was the first Aussie On here, followed closely by keren. :p

I don't have any goats but i like to spoil my friends goats alot. haha.

Sorry about your Nubians, but I'm glad that your leveled out again :greengrin:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi Anna! Welcome back!!! Glad that you stuck it out!

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Hey anna! Its nice to see you! I've been meaning to send you a note on facebook but I"ve been busy.

Sorry to hear about losing some of your goats, we had a tough year last year too :hug:

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    OH Anna I am so glad you did come back. I knew it was hard and transitioning to a new site isnt easy.

Of course we dont want you to ever shut up about the girls -- and guy ;)

welcome back! :leap:

8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome back Anna! So sorry to hear about what you've been through, but I'm glad you stuck it out. Sounds like you've got some lovely girls, and guy there!! :)

9. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Hi Anna,

Welcome from Ohio!

10. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Hi Anna - I'm a newbie to goats (got my first ones last May) and fell hard for them... I have seven now! Sounds like you have tons of experience, sorry about your tough year last year, glad you are back.