The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
Noooooo!!!!!!!!! 馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶馃槶 Not Jake! I'll take him!!!馃槶 Oh well lol.
I bet that's not an easy one to let go of!
He is hard to let go of. But if I'm going to progress some, I have to. He also is hard to handle during rut. Not mean or anything, he is just very strong and one-track minded lol. I always have to have my husband help me when I use Jake. He also likes attention and if he doesn't get it, has started to push his head into you and sometimes uses a bit too much force. Ugh. He's a big boy. He is supposed to be going to AR...provided these labs quit messing up his tests lol.

Registered
I miss my ducks
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
He is hard to let go of. But if I'm going to progress some, I have to. He also is hard to handle during rut. Not mean or anything, he is just very strong and one-track minded lol. I always have to have my husband help me when I use Jake. He also likes attention and if he doesn't get it, has started to push his head into you and sometimes uses a bit too much force. Ugh. He's a big boy. He is supposed to be going to AR...provided these labs quit messing up his tests lol.
He sure is a pretty guy! Must have gotten to his head a bit Lol..

Registered
Raising Nigerian Dwarf goats as backyard milkers.
My boys aren鈥檛 crazy in rut. Just the smell is 10x worse than before. They are actually VERY calm with the girls. One reason I picked there daddy was because he was the calmer of the two bucks I was looking and the ladies I got him from told me he doesn鈥檛 chase the girls around, he calmly walks up to them and does the deed of they stand there long enough to let him try. My boys have both actually inherited that trait. Which I鈥檓 very thankful for. It鈥檚 just their daddy didn鈥檛 actually smell as bad and they do.

Registered
I miss my ducks
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Welp, the boys have swayed the girls Lol. Spinky is in heat, And Goldie is in heat. I put Spinky with Gizmo and and she got nailed two times. I put her back with the girls because I don't want them to get too hot. I'll go back down in a bit to pair them again. So, first doe down!

Registered
I had one buckling start at day one with mounting the barn cat. Told the husband we would be having long eared cats that year hahaha. The worse part the cat didn't even mind at all. I think he thought the goat was hugging and grooming him! Lol

Registered
Oh my goodness. You guys are lucky! Murphy has been peeing on his face since early May! He smells so bad lol. And he's super friendly and playful, so he always wants to rub the side of his face on everyone, including me. Ugh! I've been trying to train him not to rub on people, but he is stubborn and keeps trying and all it takes is the lightest touch hahaha. I come in smelling bad after almost every feeding.

@Jubillee - did you say you're leasing Eggplant? Oh my goodness. Eggplant from Eden's Lilly?!? I was considering getting on a waiting list for a buckling next year from either her or Margaret, but they never got back to me. She's GORGEOUS!

Registered
That鈥檚 why I prefer my bucks to be a little standoffish! So they barely want to reach out for treats and aren鈥檛 wanting all the attention and pets. They get demanding if too friendly and want to rub all over 馃槀
First one I had was so bad. My 2nd one was much better- about that anyway. Lol

Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
Oh my goodness. You guys are lucky! Murphy has been peeing on his face since early May! He smells so bad lol. And he's super friendly and playful, so he always wants to rub the side of his face on everyone, including me. Ugh! I've been trying to train him not to rub on people, but he is stubborn and keeps trying and all it takes is the lightest touch hahaha. I come in smelling bad after almost every feeding.

@Jubillee - did you say you're leasing Eggplant? Oh my goodness. Eggplant from Eden's Lilly?!? I was considering getting on a waiting list for a buckling next year from either her or Margaret, but they never got back to me. She's GORGEOUS!
I have both of those girls here

Super Moderator
Ugh my goats. I鈥檓 going to be recovering from surgery when I normally put the bucks with the does so I went ahead and got everyone parted and in with their specific boyfriends. 3 does came into heat the first of the month and then鈥︹︹︹︹othing. So it鈥檚 going to be the longest kidding season ever for me next year. I really like them all together kidding. Loose sleep for all not just one. All the kids are the same size so less pushing around in the creep feeder and so on. So I鈥檓 going to be frustrated at the end of the year

21 - 35 of 35 Posts