It's my turn

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sweetgoats, Dec 27, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OK I have a few or maybe several pictures of my goats that are all pregnant and some I have a rough guess when they will drop and other I have NO CLUE :scratch: only because the buck kept getting in with them and for that reason I have NO CLUE.
    These first four were pen bred but I have no real date because they were all in with there partner for a month, so I put them all in with the bucks on August first, and took them out on the 29th for a show.

Here is Topaz. She had a single last year and a single the year before. She is a lot larger then she has even been,but she has had pretty small babies
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here is Monica. Lat year she had twins and they were pretty darn big, but she was not this large either.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here are two does that are new to me so I have no idea.
    The first one is Night, it is her first time and she is going to be two in Feb..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And here is Zyla. She is three and this is I believe her second breeding. Had I think she said twins last year.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

I do not know why I can not get some of these pictures smaller. I have them as tiny in my Photobucket but they are not tiny.

OH well. So what do you all think?
    I will do another one for those I have no idea, but some are HUGE so I am wondering if they got bred way before i new they did. The problem is mine bag up really close to the delivery date.

2. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I'd say your definately going to get some twins and triplets. We've got atleast a whole month go to before kidding season begins here.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Anyone else want to guess? :shrug:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I say twins all around :leap:

such pretty girls you have there :stars:

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    2,3,2 or 3, 2 or 3. Those are my guesses but I may be way off!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I'd say ...twins and triplets :)

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I'm going to take a complete guess at this, but here goes.

Using the Fias Co Farm gestation calculator, an August 15th bred date would give a due date of January 11th. I realize you don't know an exact date they were bred, but I'm going middle of the month based on how they look. I also used August 25th and that would give a date of January 21st.

I'm not sure about Topaz, she looks like she might go later than Jan. 11th, especially if trips. In the rear shot of Monica, she looks pretty tight, and I wonder if she will go first. Night and Zyla look like they will be later in the month.

My final guess (don't laugh if I'm really way off-I'm a newbie)!

Monica-Jan. 11th if not before, and I think she will have trips.
    Topaz-Jan. 11th, or after, if she is having trips. I'm thinking trips, because you said she's bigger than before.
    Zyla-Before the 21st; the more I look at the pic I think she will go before Night. I think twins.
    Night-Closer to Jan. 21st and I think she will have a single.

This is going to be so exciting!!!