It's not fair!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I have to move my goats because the town REMOVED the grandfather clause! (don't know exactly how that works) So I have a friend whose horse died and they are going to let me use their barn/yard for them until I can save up the money for a couple of acres. It really ticks me off considering I had previously gotten permission from EVERYONE. :veryangry: But I'll figure it out. But I'm going to be childish and get them back, they have EXPLOSIVES in THEIR yard! I don't see how I'm the one getting fined. :hair: I wonder if they'd do this to me if they knew it was for my therapy? (I have MAJOR depression, the goats and horse are about the only thing keeping me from going insane, literally) But I'm planning on getting a better job and saving up for a couple of acres of my own.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    :hug:
    People are cruel. I'm sorry they are doing this to you. :sigh:

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Crissa, I'm sorry this has happened. I know what your thinking payback is h#@$. Just try to be nice about it. LOL!

4. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    I would go in front of the town board- I don't think they can just remove the clause without the town voting on it. they should have given you time t find somewhere to put them- I would talk to the mayor or something!!! That would make me hot too!!!!

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Crissa, I am so sorry you are dealing with this, I know it is very stressful, but sometimes you "catch more flies with sugar than with manure"....do what you need to do, but go about it in a "nice" way because sometimes the decisions made in anger and hurt can come back to bite you in the shorts :hug: Get in touch with the town hall.....a granfdather clause is just that, there had to be livestock on your property every year sincethe clause went into affect, it cannot be revoked unless there was a meeting and it was voted for by the citizens of your town.

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    That's exactly it. It's the MAYOR doing it! They had a Town meeting without telling us. If I have to sell the goats because of them I don't know what I'll do. (I know it sounds pathetic, but lately they seem to be the only thing that can make me happy anymore)

7. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Wow that sucks, yeah you need to talk to the town board and mayor, they shouldn't do that to you. You need to find out if theres anyway to avoid it or if theres something you can do to stay..

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Oh.. wow, we have a mayor, well two, near here like that, but luckily I live far enough into the country that they don't bug us out here.

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well I've already been planning on buying a couple of acres, but I need a better job and I can't get to one without a vehicle. What was supposed to be my truck is now my dad's (he ruined his cars) and my mom's van is not the most dependable. It's so frustrating. Other wise I would have already been saving up to either buy or lease some land. :sigh:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hug: you need the Power of Prayer..... :pray: .............If everyone prays ..............and you Crissa also pray..........we all pull together as a group :grouphug:

and....miracles can happen.............. :wink:

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
  12. Candy

Candy New Member

:pray: Crissa, sometimes you have to let go and let God :pray: Take a deep breath and feel His arms around you :hug:
    Candy :sun:

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    beautiful............... :sun:

14. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh i'm so sorry to hear that. :hug: Hang in there!!!

15. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    That is so stupid! I feel for you! :hug: You can come live with me . . .

16. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Aww Talitha your a sweety.

17. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    You know, there are actual "laws" that require the town "board" to advertise these meetings and votes, so the "people" have a chance to voice their opinions when changes like this are made. You should check to see that whatever rules are on the books were followed. If they were not...you could go to the next township meeting and request that they "revisit" that vote. I'd call your local newspaper and take a reporter with you. If you are positive that they did not follow their own rules, you could talk to an attorney and see if you have any recourse. I'd challenge any fines you got...they should have given you time to comply. Don't move any animals until you have decided you aren't going to fight it...it will affect your "grandfather" if they have to reinstate it.

But, if the neighbors have "explosives" on their property, I'd certainly have that checked out. They don't sound like good neighbors to me. :hug:

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am really sorry to hear this. Do you know if anyone has files a complaint about the goats? Even if they have, yes they have to have a meeting about it.

You poor thing. I sure hope that it all works out for you. I agree with Liz, you have to go about it VERY NICE. If you go about it as mad as you are (not that you do not deserve to), they will shut you down faster then anything. Be as sweet and charming as you are, and that should do it. :pray:

19. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh Crissa! I am so sorry! I know how excited you were to have them at your house, I hope everything works itself out.

20. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    You need to get the news in on this. Imagine the bad publicity the mayor will get if he picks on someone with goats and removes a grandfather clause. I would also talk to the state legislator and any/everybody who is willing to listen. Often they can either give you help or point you in the right direction to getting something done.