Its on its way.....

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by morganslil1, Jan 30, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats ungodly expensive - lol

I just ordered also from Hoeggers tonight - a hay feeder.

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Expensive yes! but i bet its going to be well worth it. I widh i could get one that nice. I just have a used one. I got it last year and i still have yet to try it out... :oops:
    Just havn't taken the time yet.
    beth

3. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Im just glad I can make another step in the right direction. I cant wait until milking time it will be so nice to pass up the milk isle in the grocery store and it should be easier to heat treat colostrum. I know that its against the law to sell raw milk here in NC but would it still apply to pasturized milk?

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I don't know you may be able to find the laws online. I did a lot of research on the laws of washington a few years ago when A former friend of mine who said she would give me milk for my goat kid decided to suddenly charge me ten dollars a gallon for it, took me to court and everything over it but she ended up losing because of the laws here. In washington You have to have a dairy license to seel any sort of goat milk. I don;t know what the laws there would be. You may have to at least have an aproved kitch and milk room.
    beth

5. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    More than anything it would be so I can give my extended family members milk with out breaking the law.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you can always give milk to who ever you want but not charge them or publically state a price for the milk.

I know in NJ you can't sell raw milk but there was a family that needed it so we did. it was all under the table and we made nothing off of it and they weren't going to tell anyone. we were doing them a favor.

In some states you can sell raw milk for animal consumption, if the people decide to drink it, it is at their own risk so to speak.

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    that is a nice little machine!!!!! I couldnt afford it but it sure is nice!

8. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Twin Cities
  9. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    Here we have to sell the milk as 'pet food' in order to 'legally' sell goat's milk without a license, pasturized or non pasturized. Once it leaves my property the people can do what they want with it; but they have the knowledge that it has been sold to them pet food. :wink: