It's Raining!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Di, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh, Thank you Lord for sending us this lovely rainy day!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, it's Hannah of course, at least she's not swirling anymore! I'm still :love: ing the rain!

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Love the site btw.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Di, I do know how you feel. We went like three months with HOT HOT HOT weather and no rain at all. All the pastures were dried up and gone. No one was able to cut hay because there was just no growth, then we all prayed for it, added it to the prayer list at Church and the Lord answered our prayers.
    It rained for 12 days straight and then every thing was flooding. We lost most the garden because the roots and all were drowning. But out pastures are beautiful green and I had some people call and tell me they are able to cut some hay after all.
    I guess next time we will pray and ask the good lord to spread it out a little. Now it has not rained or anything in over two weeks again.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    :angry: :veryangry: :doh:

Attached Files:

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    It's been dry but not nearly as bad as last year. Luckily we were able to bale roughly 4 fields of hay I think.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Barely a spit here Di!! Defintely not enough at all......blow some of that this direction would ya Stacey? I'd gladly take an all day steady rain for the next 3-4 days over this dry hard ground and brown drying grass.

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh Liz! We had the most beautiful rainy day! My kid & wife visited from Pittsburgh, and there must be 4-5 inches of rain in the gauge! Sorry Stacey, but I have to say, I love this! I think it's just today though, as they are calling for sun tomorrow.

I am glad we had a mild summer, it was only hot, hot, hot, for about 3 weeks, but not in a row, so we had many cool days in between, I hardly used the a/c this summer.

Lori, sorry you had all your rain in one long spell, but at least you got it, last year was way to dry for most of the country! So, I guess we got the dry spell this year.

I'm so grateful we got the rain without all the wind the rest of the south east is getting. I hope everybody makes it through without to much destruction.

Looks like Chelsey got out just in time, looks like the Carolinas got hit this time.

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yep, lots of rain here. :wahoo: But it's messing up my Direct TV! :angry:

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    What do you do when you can't watch tv on a rainy day?LOL

12. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    this is What hanna did to us- I thought it was so funny!!
    [​IMG]

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh boy did we get slammed hard with rain.

I got soaked coming out of the bowling alley --- my umbrella inverted on itself so I gave up! And the parking lot was a stream. Then at my friends apartment complex I got even more soaked! took me hours and hours to dry out - i had no change of clothes :(

14. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

Heather, WHAT is that thing in your yard? Hopefully that lone piece of siding won't be too hard to fix. We got about 4" of rain from Gustav but it was much needed and well received. I spent all day yesterday cutting the barnyard grass in the 1 acre backyard. I got tired waiting for it to dry out. Slow going but we got it done. The goats have nice fresh green grass to munch on now.
    crocee

15. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    It's our grill upside down :ROFL:

16. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Not enough :coffee: this morning. That just goes to show that some things are totally unrecognizable when not in the proper configuration :ROFL: .
    Crocee

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    No rain here though it did cool down last night and we got a good hour or so of wind....really made it rough to eat at our friends birthday party last night!! It was dry but the wind took plates and cups and made me "eat" my hair a few times as it as whipping around my face :ROFL:

Sorry you got so wet Stacey...hope you don't catch cold....at least you didn't have your grill upside down in your yard :slapfloor: